Anyone used a scope with a lighted reticle ?

F250

I am considering a lighted reticle scope to assist my aging eyes. I like to Trijicon that uses fiber optics and not batteries to brighten up the dot/crosshairs. Anyone have experience with Trijijcon ?

Trijicon is great optics. Leupold also knocked it out of the park with the fire dot reticles. PM me with either product lines for prices.

I use a Leupold, Vortex and Sig Sauer all with lighted reticles. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Although an illuminated reticle really comes into its own during the first and last minutes of shooting light, those are usually the very best hunting times. I don't personally have a Trijicon, but such good quality brand optics (like the Leupold Fire Dot mentioned above) are quite useful during those times because the brightness on the reticle can be turned waayyy down for true low light shooting, while the quality of the glass allows you to see more in low light than the unaided eye can discern. It's surprising just how little actual illumination you need at dawn and dusk. I don't use my illuminated reticles very often, but when I do they're really worth it.

I hunt with a guy who uses cheap scopes and many, many times in the evening I've been able to clearly see deer with the Leupold or Hensoldt which he could not make out at all. The cheap low end "Tacti-Cool" scopes that have illuminated reticles are often so bright you can see them at high noon in the middle of the Bonneville Salt Flats, but even on their lowest setting they are far too bright to be of any real use under actual low light conditions and often actually wash out what little view the poor glass can give to begin with.

It's my understanding that Trijijcon does not use batteries. How long do the batteries last in the Leopold ?

It's my understanding that Trijijcon does not use batteries. How long do the batteries last in the Leopold ?

..a long time. Movement activated, make sure you have then all the way off during trip transport. I'll often flip the battery since 'next to off' is almost imperceptible in light conditions. The lowest setting is perfect for dawn/dusk work. I use a couple gradients brighter for daylight. Big fan...

Thanks for the help. I was not aware of any lighted reticle restrictions. I'll research that.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back