Grizzlies Everywhere

mbbmt

Yet another report this morning of a couple of elk hunters shooting a "charging" grizzly over the ownership of their bull elk. From the looks of the pictures in the story it would appear to be in one of the burned areas on the east side of YNP. The bear was stopped with a gun shot to the head or neck and ran off to parts unknown. A second grizzly showed up later and also contested the meat ownership. The guys finally scared this one off. Either the first one is dead or there's a wounded grizzly out there with a major case of attitude. There are many more stories this year of grizzly encounters than normal. From the Canadian border of northern Montana to Pinedale and out on the prairie environments.

I carry pepper spray and a .44 mag. I am running into grizzlies in places that I never thought would have any, but NOT anymore. God forbid I ever have to quickly decide which I'll use first, gun or chili powder. However, with the wind blowing............never take chili pepper to a bear fight. Very often you don't have time to decide anyway.

Anyone else dancing with grizzlies out there these days?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back