PEAX Equipment

A perfect day!!!

Big Sky

So I wanted my daughter to be able to see the Gates of The Mountains on the Missouri River. Only way in there is by boat. I don't own a boat, but I have a friend that is a guide and he does. When it comes right down to it, it's cheaper to higher a guide for a day, than own a boat. I don't need a guide to catch fish, but I also enjoy Trevor Johnson's company, plus I'm a lousy fly fisherman. Trevor is a LOT better at it than I am. I knew he would be a good teacher for my daughter as well and probably be more patient than I would be. It was a perfect day in just about every way possible. We caught plenty of fish. My daughter's first experience with fly fishing was smash hit. She caught on fast and the fish were in trouble within the first hour of the day, and that lasted all day.
My daughter with her first fish caught on a flyrod. The smiles came easy.
attachment.php

I even managed to catch a few on the fly rod, but I'll only share one as this day was about her, not me.
attachment.php

Her with her biggest of the day.
attachment.php

The guide Trevor with my daughter. He is a really good dude and I highly recommend him. He will get you into fish.
attachment.php

The end of a perfect day!!! This is about as good as it gets folks and I enjoyed every minute of it!
attachment.php

Any day you get to spend with one of your own kids is a special day. That you had fantastic scenery and awesome fishing just adds to the perfectness of the day. Congratulations to all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back