AZ Mt Lion Hunting Ban

Fight it tooth and claw, they banned them here in California and the deer herds are hurting because of it. Add to it the fact that before the ban that fewer were hunted and now after the ban there are actually more killed by wildlife officers instead of adding to the wildlife resources they take away from them

This is just another step of taking Wildlife Management out of the Biologist hands and putting it into the Voters hand.

That line about using science to manage wildlife is a propaganda talking point for the progressive environmentalists who don't really care about the science unless it can be used to support their agenda. The forest service's modernization of their harvesting policies was shot down because the treehuggers argued that the new management plan wasn't following science. The truth is that the treehuggers aren't using current science because the plan that they supported (the old plan, and it is was retained as the current policy) is based on 60 year old scientific studies that are no longer valid.

Rammac,

Try staying on subject, this isn't about the FS. Its about AZ trying to stop ballot box regulations regarding lion hunting.

I agree that this type of legislation should be fought, and with every available resource you have. It does take the biological management of wildlife out of the equation, and that's never a good thing.

I understand you live in a state that clearly doesn't manage with anything to do with science and biology doesn't matter in Montana. You cant support the same unlimited hunting opportunities that haven't changed since at least the 1950's. In particular when there is now over 1 million people living there. In particular when the FWP caters to every whim of the landowners, outfitters, and politicians...at the expense of your wildlife.

Its too bad that Montana doesn't use biology...the potential is staggering, too bad it will never be realized.

Wyoming biologists definitely use science and that reaps only one thing, positive results. Maybe too positive as we've seen a 19K increase in hunting license sales and applications for big-game in the last year.

The contrast between the two states is as stark as night and day...and IMO, AZ is another state that does a great job managing via biology and science. I've had nothing but top shelf hunts there, no doubt the positive results of sound scientific management.

I highly recommend that AZ sportsmen rally and keep lion management in the hands of the professionals.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back