Caribou Gear

Idaho Unit 5?

VA5326

I have an open invite from a former coworker who owns a giant ranch outside coeur d'Alene? I'm planning on doing a combo whitetail/elk hunt if possible. I haven't done much research on that area yet. Thoughts/advice? Thanks again guys.

Hey va5326" I bow hunted just outside C D L, for short, last year for Elk. Unit 4 on public land. Are you bow hunting? I liked the tag because I could hunt with a bow in an early season, and if unsuccessful, I could return for a mid~season rifle hunt. And, if still unsuccessful, I could also return for a later bow seaon hunt. I missed my bull during the early season. And as luck would have it, the snowy season came early last year, and I did not return for either of the later hunts. I was hunting solo, so safety was a concern.. I saw and heard plenty of animals. I would think that being on private ground, this would be a great opportunity! I've never hunted Whitetails, sooo... The Elk tag is OTC btw. ~Slim

Hey I have hunter in unit 5 for the last 3 years and have taken an elk every year. It's a good unit in my opinion with lots of moose. I have hunted closer to Tensed.

I have hunted unit 5 for the last 20 years.. can kill a elk every year and lots of whitetails. If you can hunt a big private ranch Im guessing the hunting is pretty good on it in that area

Thanks for the responses guys. Much appreciated. Looks like that's where I'm heading next season if everything goes right.

If anyone is in need of a partner next year I'd love to tag along, more than likely we'd have full access to my close friend's ranch. I've never hunted elk before but I'm a fast learner. Thanks

Score!!! 2018 Bull Elk and Whitetail Buck tag for Panhandle A! License and archery tag already bought. Not that it was difficult as both are OTC but I'm happy nonetheless. This will definitely get me out of my DIY comfort zone! LOL Looking for any advice. I'm not looking for your crown jewel honey holes. Just guidance as I will be hunting a mix of public and private! Thanks again fellas.

Score!!! 2018 Bull Elk and Whitetail Buck tag for Panhandle A! License and archery tag already bought. Not that it was difficult as both are OTC but I'm happy nonetheless. This will definitely get me out of my DIY comfort zone! LOL Looking for any advice. I'm not looking for your crown jewel honey holes. Just guidance as I will be hunting a mix of public and private! Thanks again fellas.
How did you end up doing in unit 5? That’s the deer unit I got this year and hope I find something good! Been looking at lots of maps and am scouting next week

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back