Caribou Gear Tarp

Bow, Strings, or Me?

NYSKIER

Hi guys want to get some input on this issue,

I shoot every day out to pretty long range and would say that I'm a decent shooter. This year I have had the same issue come up at least three times.

I'll shoot my bow everyday and be shooting excellent then I'll go on a stalk and shoot my bow again and come to find that I've got bad cam lean or timing issues. When it happened the first time I thought "man that could happen I was crawling in rough terrain" then when it happened again in more open terrain I was very frustrated. Bottom line my bow keeps getting out of time/and or has lean. I have a set a of custom strings on my bow do you think that they may be stretching and be the cause of the issue? Could't I be torquing me bow and causing the lean? Do I just have a lemon bow that won't hold my settings. Really confused here and looking for any opinions.

Thanks!

A poorly built set will cause you issues, however I am not sure how the stalking ..hunting part o father equation fits into this.
If you saying your bow stays in tune all the time and only goes out of time when you hunt? ...then I am scratching my head.

A poorly built set will cause you issues, however I am not sure how the stalking ..hunting part o father equation fits into this.
If you saying your bow stays in tune all the time and only goes out of time when you hunt? ...then I am scratching my head.

Pretty much the only time that is has come out of tune is when hunting in the field so yea I'm scratching my head as well. I think it has to be from my form somehow. Maybe if I torque a lot it throws off the cam timing and sync.

Torquing your bow should have no bearing whatsoever on cam lean and timing. My guess is your strings and cables are stretching. I've been hunting with by Bowtech for three years now and have not adjusted the timing once since the initial setup, and I'm not exactly easy on equipment.

Edit: probably should have the axles and bushing checked to.

Thanks for the input guys I'll have to take it into the shop when I get a chance.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back