PEAX Equipment

Failure is Just a Dress Rehearsal for Success

Wow thanks for that. Congrats to you both. Great story and pictures. Love the ones of your wife after she shot the bull, gives me hope
that there is still those out there that truly appreciate wildlife and the hunting of them.

Sounds like a great time, congratulations on the successful hunt. Not all that many people get to shoot a shiras moose in Montana.

Awesome story.

Could you clarify the pack out?

Sure thing, vanish. I wanted to add more but I ran out of time last night.

Outfitters and guides tend to get a bad rap on this site and while some of it may be well deserved, I think those who do their job in an ethical manner deserve a lot of respect. I would like to give kudos to Broken Arrow Lodge for being willing to pack the moose for us. There is no physical way I could have gotten the moose out by myself and even with the generous and immediate offers of packing help from several hunttalkers it was a no brainer to let them use horses to bring it to the trail head.
I was able to make contact with them as soon as we killed the bull via the Inreach and gave them gps coordinates to the bull. It worked out extremely well logistically, since they were packing supplies in to their camp the next day. They were able to make their pack trip in and pick up the meat and meet us at the trailhead the next evening. We arrived back at the trail head by mid-afternoon and even got in some fishing while we waited for them.

We ran into our buddy bull beside the stream and got some more close proximity pics. Irene and I each caught several trout that afternoon and the meat packing went off without a hitch. It only took the horses a little more than an hour to get the bull from the kill site to our truck.

Attachments

• Irene's cutthroat.jpg
    Irene's cutthroat.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 234
  • brookie.jpg
    brookie.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 237
  • little moose.jpg
    little moose.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 261
  • moose@truck.jpg
    [email protected]
    14.2 KB · Views: 248
You have a gift for story telling. Those pics after the shot were priceless, the raw emotions of a successful hunt. Thank you for sharing and tell your wife congratulations.

What a story. Beautiful account of an epic, binding experience for you and your wife. Thank you for sharing all of that and congratulations to your wife.

First off, I'm really grateful to personally know this wonderful couple, and family.
I'm glad you two had a great time and capped it off with an awesome harvest, way to go you two! Great job Irene, priceless moments for sure. And thanks for the InReach updates as well.
I must say I know how Irene felt early in the hunt when Gerald is thinking "we'll go kill it and figure out how to get it out later"....been there. So happy for you guys!

Next up, Breaks Elk -----> see you soon!

Congratulations to the Martin family. God blessed you with a great animal. Enjoy your trophy and the moose meat.

Fantastic!! I loved reading this. The earned animals and men who respect their wives enough to include and hunt with them, this story has it all. Great job and shooting Irene!!!

Congrats to the Martin's!! Outstanding hunt and recap!
This is what it's all about. Truly blessed. Congrats to Gerald and Irene. Good luck with the rest of your tags.

what an awesome story--thanks for taking the time to put it out there for us to read.

CONGRATULATIONS!

What an awesome story and a grand adventure for the both of you. Congrats to the huntress and an attaboy to her "guide."

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back