Yeti GOBOX Collection

Tribal Heritage and Grizzly Bear Protection Act (H.R. 3894)

There are these entities called tribes that can have varying spiritual/religion beliefs and customs. Logic would hold that tribes that existing in proximity would have some similar beliefs or hold the same areas as sacred. Didn't need the Google.

My mom is an enrolled member of CSKT and wife is an enrolled member of Turtle Mountain Chippewa.

Why should the fairy tales of anyone let alone residents of a seperste, sovereign nation influence science based Wildlife Management ?

What is with with non native liberals pretending that tribal governments care about, are good at or know anything about wildlife management.
Anybody that's been to a reservation in this region with their eyes open knows that to be false.

Agreed. Exactly how people in So Utah feel about tribal push for Bears Ears and consequently management of the land and wildlife.

Agreed. Exactly how people in So Utah feel about tribal push for Bears Ears and consequently management of the land and wildlife.

There are certainly exceptions like the Apache in NE Arizona but up here Wildlife is almost non existent. The Crow and northern Cheyenne have some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen and it's almost entirely void of Wildlife. The Cheyenne are part of the lawsuit to stop grizzly delisting.

And so their desire for protecting bears stems from a religious aspect or not?
Sure but your original comment lumps all NA beliefs into a single "minority religion", which is a little broad.

MTGomer said:
Why should the fairy tales of anyone influence public policy?
FIFY

While I don't think religious/spiritual beliefs should be the driving force behind any science-based wildlife management, discounting the beliefs of the people who have inhabited this continent for thousands of years is a bit arrogant.

Apologies to the OP, I shall exit before this goes down the wrong path.

MTGomer is going to have a tough time taking the influence of fairy tales out of public policy...the bible thumpers will eat his lunch.

There are certainly exceptions like the Apache in NE Arizona but up here Wildlife is almost non existent. The Crow and northern Cheyenne have some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen and it's almost entirely void of Wildlife. The Cheyenne are part of the lawsuit to stop grizzly delisting.

CSKT, Blackfeet, Ft Peck & Ft Belknap wildlife programs would disagree with this. Some of these areas hold significant wildlife numbers and others are sought after for Bighorn, etc.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back