Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Chicken Little?

I'd like to read more on the SHARE act from someone that has a less slanted opinion. The author could be right or he could be blowing it all out of proportion. If anyone knows more about this, please share.

I thought the Share Act was pulled from consideration.

I remember the SHARE Act but I don't remember exactly whats in it. I support habitat improvements and active management, but I also support the integrity of federally designated wilderness areas, and they should remain just that wilderness areas. Roads, habitat manipulation, etc. are not a part of wilderness IMO and don't have a place there. Now the article may be chicken little, or it may have some truth to it, I'll have to look over the SHARE act again and see what exactly it has in it. If it violates the integrity and meaning of wilderness, I don't think undermining the wilderness act is a good step for wildlife or wild places. To be continued.......

I fully admit reletive ignorance on this act specifically, but according to govtrack, Rep Jeff Duncan is highly supported by the oil and gas industry, and is a charter member of Rep Rob Bishop's Federal Lands Action Group; which is another name for public lands transfer. These things together give me enough information to be highly skeptical of the motives involved here.

ChrisC, it looks like there is a new one:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3668?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22hr+3668%22%5D%7D&r=1

According to several news outlets the SHARE Act is shelved for now. That doesn’t mean it isn’t dead or we shouldn’t look at it or be skeptical but the chances of it being passed any time soon are very unlikely. I read the summary of the Act, nothing appeared too appalling to me, but I haven’t read the full text, and the devil can be in the details.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back