Caribou Gear Tarp

Lots of solo hunters - Colorado scouting trip?

AdventureAwaitsinCO

Hey y'all, I see there are a lot of solo hunters replying last minute to a lot of threads for 2nd, 3rd, 4th rifle elk hunts in Colorado. I have replied to some of these threads as well. I plan on going solo, but making a new friend and learning from others is always a positive in my book. I get that it is certainly a little much to ask a complete stranger to camp overnight in the woods for 4 days. This isn't tinder after all! I guess what I am saying is let's take it a little slower. Let's wine and dine first, get to know each other. I am headed out to unit 17 this saturday for a hike and scouting/update trip. This is only a day trip so I plan on spending 3 hrs tops on site. If you're local to CO and want to join come on out. If you have plans this year, there is always next year for a hunt. Shoot, if you don't have a tag and just like the outdoors and hiking this would fun! There is always the entire rest of the year to do more scouting, range trips, exchange ideas and really formulate future plans....let's plant the seeds for future success and not rely on last minute posts! There is also the possibility of shorter & less strenuous hunts available in January like whitetail in eastern CO. I'll probably also do a late october one night overnight trip near where I plan to hunt. I need to do a final gear check as far as warmth while sleeping is concerned. I'd rather not spend money on a tent heater if I can avoid it. For the out of staters.... I am still open to a "blind date" during season. I have a decent amount of gear so you wouldn't need to travel with all your typical camping items.

My plan this year is solo unit 17 Nov 8-12. I have a Bull Elk and Antlerless Elk tag. I'm a novice so this is trial by fire for me.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back