Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Silencers

To be clear, I could care less either way if they become easier to acquire. If they do I will probably buy one.

The hearing protection argument just seems stupid to me. Just say they are over regulated, and we are eliminating some unnecessary beaurocracy.

Agreed...I also understand (or so I'm told) that a suppressor also reduces recoil. I'll probably own one (likely a few) after the price drops when the market is flooded.

Last edited:
To be clear, I could care less either way if they become easier to acquire. If they do I will probably buy one.

The hearing protection argument just seems stupid to me. Just say they are over regulated, and we are eliminating some unnecessary beaurocracy.

If you dealt with tinnitus on a daily basis you wouldn't think hearing protection seems stupid. To help protect the hearing I have left was the main reason I bought a suppressor, I wish I had used them decades ago. Suppressors definitely reduce recoil, less than a brake, but the sound moderation more than offsets that trade-off for me. Dealing with severe tinnitus on a daily basis has changed my life and not for the better.

Agreed...I also understand (or so I'm told) that a suppressor also reduces recoil. I'll probably own one (likely a few) after the price drops when the market is flooded.

Reduces recoil on a 300WM to feel like a 223 or less.

Great Britain, New Zealand, Australia, most of the EU. The left thinks we should follow these nation's lead on a variety of issues. Why not suppressors?

The one and only reason I want one is to protect my hearing. Because of the unnecessary red tape involved they have taken $100 worth of parts and made it a $1000 item. Lame and counterproductive.

Why wouldn't you want them easier to get? Every part can be purchased off eBay and assembled at home. Legally. You just have to ask permission from the overlords. And give them $200.

There's no way I'm wearing ear plugs while hunting. I'd use a surpressor in a heartbeat if they were more compact. Really would like it if one fit my goose gun.

There's no way I'm wearing ear plugs while hunting. I'd use a surpressor in a heartbeat if they were more compact. Really would like it if one fit my goose gun.

I unfortunately have to as my hearing has gotten to the point of failing my hearing test in one ear. It was such a pain in the butt this goose season to constantly be taking them in and out. Trying to hear the birds in the distance but not getting my ear blasted by a 3.5" cannon from the guy next to me.

Wouldn't mind trying one on a hog tool. No way I'm puttin' one on a nice rifle though.

I'd love to have them, just the extra price and hurdles have kept me from doing so. I think they'd be great for youth shooters. IME with my two boys, sound is a bigger issue than recoil and a suppressor mitigates both!

IMO, they were included on the NFA list out of ignorance.

Does anyone use the electronic game ears that only reduce harmful noises? Curious how they work.

I'm protective of my hearing (living and working on air force bases will instill that pretty quick) and I'm not a huge fan of gun shots (or fireworks for that matter). I prefer bowhunting because of the silence.

I was in the "what do I want one of those things for" camp for a long time. I finally got one about a year ago. Shooting is so much more enjoyable. Way less noise and way less recoil. Less recoil equals tighter groups as well.

I wont shoot without one anymore.

Just like medical MJ, yes there are benefits, and for some it's medically necessary, but most just wanna get baked and there are bigger issues to worry about.

I'm guessing it will be a cold day in hell to ever see one in CA which is a bummer since my brother manufactures them.

We have a much higher population density In the Northeast. Many local gun ranges are receiving noise complaints from "new" neighbors who move into Town. I will never understand why someone would buy a house near a gun range and then complain about noise from the gun range but it happens. If suppressors were easier to acquire the noise complaints would diminish. Even If federal legislation gets passed lowering the hurdles to purchase a suppressor,this ridiculous state (Mass) will continue to outlaw them.

My experience with them has shown insignificant changes in MV. i.e. Less than 15 fps.

Mine as well. And further, there is usually a small POI shift, has always been lower in my cases with a suppressor vs without.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAWMIA
Back