Caribou Gear

Tom Petty RIP

luckily i'm not all that worried about you or your opinion:cool: I have the courage of my convictions to stand by my opinion. If you had actually read the post you're referring to, then you would realize that i wasn't comparing tom to a 'd sucking meth head'. I was simply mentioning the 2 situations and asking why one person's life was more valuable than another's. But, if you don't have basic reading comprehension and critical analysis skills that were taught in grade school, then perhaps you should reconsider what is 'dumb'. What makes me sad is how i can see people giving him a pass simply because he made records and somehow changed the world in their opinions. So, if i was rich and famous and sold some records, then when a monster and vodka finally kills me, then the world can mourn my passing even though i did something stupid? That seems shallow to me. Society has become ass backwards in it's prioritizing of what's important to the world. Simply because someone is famous they get a pass for doing dumb shit. Really? What's wrong with the rest of us simple folk that noone cares about what we do until it's something negative?

amen!

but much of the current situation arose because for decades narcotics were under prescribed for many people.

I think you meant to say grossly to the point of criminal negligence over prescribed.

Narcotics definitely have their place, I learned that first hand during my dads last couple months fighting cancer, but the opioid epidemic is a direct response to negligent behavior by physicians and drug companies. Case in point my uncle had a hip replacement in CA and was prescribed a bucket of Vicodin when he left the hospital, my mom had her hip done in Austria and they gave her opioids while in the hospital and when she left, Advil. Mom definitely had some pain during recovery but she didn't recover from surgery and have to deal with a drug addiction.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back