Pa Archery Season started!

Elkhunter24

This past weekend was the first day of archery season here in Pennsylvania. I was lucky enough to take a coyote. I shot him at 18 yards. second picture is the hole the rage put in him. I am amazed of what those broad heads do. Good luck to everyone else. cant wait to get back out Wednesday and the weekend.

coyote.pngcoyote hole.png

Good work, congrats!

I was so amped for opening day, my hike is bout a mile up the side of a mountain to my stand got there bout 5:45, beautiful morning. 6am light drizzle "ah man this is gonna be great" 6:15 downpour.... until 9:30...... ugh that sucked and I didn't bring rain gear.

Our season also opened yesterday here in Hoosier country. Saw a few does last night, back at it tonight, hunting persimmons.

Our season also opened yesterday here in Hoosier country. Saw a few does last night, back at it tonight, hunting persimmons.
I'm planning on getting 100 persimmon seedlings from the state nursery to hopefully be doing just that in 10 years...

Good work, congrats!

I was so amped for opening day, my hike is bout a mile up the side of a mountain to my stand got there bout 5:45, beautiful morning. 6am light drizzle "ah man this is gonna be great" 6:15 downpour.... until 9:30...... ugh that sucked and I didn't bring rain gear.

It was a light drizzle for us but thank god it didn't last real long. The wind was all over the place but it calmed down around 830am. I was about 1.5 miles in. heading back in there this weekend. I have been putting a lot of scouting time in for the bear season that starts the end of October and early November for archery.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back