Sig or Leupold?

MNHunter67

I’m currently in the market for a rangefinder. Primary use will be archery white tails in wooded areas, with the potential for a western trip in the future. Cabelas has the Sig Kilo1250 on sale for $200, and my local sporting goods store (Scheels) has the Leupold RX 650 on sale for $150. Does anybody have experience with either one? Or another suggestion for a good rangefinder around $200? I know neither is these is top of the line, but my budget really won’t let me go any higher. Thanks for any insight!

Just checked Cabelas, looks like the 1250 is sold out, but the Sig 850 is on sale for $190, so I guess replace 1250 in the original question with 850.

I have the sig 2400 and it replaced a leupold 650. The leupold did its job but the sig is awesome. I use the scanning feature a lot and is much faster to respond. And while I will never shoot anywhere even close to 2400 yards, I range long distances a lot now that I can. If the target is 1400 yards, I can then look for a hill or some cover at say 1100 and I know I will be close to where I want to be. So that's my 2 cents, go for the sig. Much better yardage and still a quality product.

Just checked Cabelas, looks like the 1250 is sold out, but the Sig 850 is on sale for $190, so I guess replace 1250 in the original question with 850.

Do they have an eta for getting more in stock?? 400 yards is well worth the extra $10.

I have not heard if/when they’ll get more in stock. I was thinking the exact same, 400 yds for $10 more is a no brainer.

I have a Leupold Rx-1000 TBR and my wife has the RX-1200 TBR...You can find the 1200 on sale quite often for under $300...I would sugeest you keep an eye on Cabelas flyers etc. The 1200 w/TBR is incredible. THe red LED readout comes in very handy at first/last light from a treestand in whitetail country. Ours were bought for use hunting and competitive archery (Redding, OPA, Field, 3D etc.) The first year we went to Redding all I had to do is look around at what all the pros were using. Hands down the Leupolds outnumbered anything else

I have had three Leupold range finders ,the 60 then Rx600 and now the Full Draw model. They have worked very well. After considerable use on my original 600 it devolved an issue, I contacted Leupold about a repair being out of the warranty time frame and they asked me to send it in. A short time later I received a new range fineder in the mail... in no way was that was necessary. I own about 10 Leupold scopes on different rifles and even though they don't see any hunting time anymore they have all performed excellent without issue. Leupold is company I am happy to purchase from.

I have the RX 850i TBR or something like that, I like it and it gets the job done but one thing I wish it had was a red illuminated readout like the sigs have. I think that the 1200 leupold ranger does have the red illumination but mine does not so you might want to look into if what you are interested in getting has it. It helps a lot especially in low light. If I remember correctly the sig even has a sensor that automatically adjusts the brightness based on the ambient light.

The 1250 is back in stock at Cabelas! Looks like I know what direction I’m going. Thanks for the advice everybody.

Hi
Had a leupold and was very happy with it. Left it on a Scottish hill so needed to find one quickly so bought a Sig. boy wish I had bought a Sig first. Much clearer display and I will but another anytime.

I have wanted to ask the same question for months and kept forgetting. This is awesome info and feedback.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back