Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2 people, 1 scope, two POI groups

Stupid post. Get off your self-righteous soap box and live in the real world for a day or two.

Belly, maybe you're one of the guys I used to watch during the real world of the old Gardiner late elk hunt. I watched the scenario described in this thread played out many times -often with disgusting results. But then again, everyone's perception real world experience is different. Just another stupid post from just another "jerk".........

(fixed it.....)

Depending on what caliber your rifle is and assuming it's 3" high at 100 you should close to a 300 yard zero. Nothing wrong with that. Just remember 200 yards will be about 4" high. Aim at the lower 1/3 of the animal and you should be fine.
Just curious what caliber rifle and what game are you hunting?

I bought a 30-06 with the hope that it will cover a wide range of animals, which i think it does. for this Wyoming antelope hunt I'm using Federal Premium 150 grain nosler ballistic tips and I'm shooting sub moa at 100 yards and 3 inches high at 200. I think 150 grain is on the larger end for antelope but tough to find smaller ammo for 30-06.

Sounds like you got it figured out! Have a good hunt and post some pics!

As others have said, it is all about the differences in how the 2 shooters hold/mount/align the rifle. I use something called the AccuCover scope cover to help me align the scope the same way for each shot. In your situation, it might help each of the 2 shooters get in the same position. The concept is pretty simple, you align the 4 bright yellow points of the triangles on the scope cover with the crosshairs. I am certainly not an expert shooter, so take this info with a grain of salt.

https://uedata.amazon.com/AccuCover%C2%AE-Scope-Flip-Up-Accuracy/dp/B00SONBMWA

As others have said, it is all about the differences in how the 2 shooters hold/mount/align the rifle. I use something called the AccuCover scope cover to help me align the scope the same way for each shot. In your situation, it might help each of the 2 shooters get in the same position. The concept is pretty simple, you align the 4 bright yellow points of the triangles on the scope cover with the crosshairs. I am certainly not an expert shooter, so take this info with a grain of salt.

https://uedata.amazon.com/AccuCover%C2%AE-Scope-Flip-Up-Accuracy/dp/B00SONBMWA

I'm chuckling to myself because years ago I made my own marks on my scope cover to help become more accurate with a scope. The whole idea is to ensure that the reticle is centered in the scope, most people don't realize that the reticle must be centered to ensure consistent shot placement, sort of like aligning the front and rear sight with iron sights. If only I would have been creative enough to market my idea.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back