GI Duffle bag for airlines?

VAspeedgoat

Getting to the final stages of planning and I realized I probably don't have any luggage big enough to handle my hunting stuff. I have a cpuple of GI bags I normally use for travel but I didn't know if they were ok for airline travel. Any opinions or other suggestions would be appreciated. I'm trying to be cheap on this one but maybe its not realistic.

Will be fine for soft items such as clothes. I would not put a walking stick, binos, tripod, etc in one. I carry on all optics anyway other than my rifle scope.

I always use "soft sided luggage" for airline travel (as stated above... with only clothes or non-breakables). Breakables go in my carry-on baggage.

good luck to all
the dog

I have a zip able (new style ) c-bag and a large flyers duffel that I use regularly. They are great fo all things that don't need hard side protection. Also, the metal zippers are big enough to accommodate small TSA locks.

Sure, why not. Buy a good lock. Wrap the good stuff and put it the middle. My crap went XX,XXX miles and arrived just as heavy as it was when I checked it in.

I either use a big cooler, my meat packing backpack, or just a large zippable duffle bag. Just keep an eye on the weight, it's easy to get your bag over 50 lbs and get hit with overweight charges.

I used a large GI Duffle bag on my last flight and it worked great. When I checked in the bag the lady was going to upgrade me to first class thinking I was active military. I told her thanks, but I'm not active. Bag worked great

I have a zip able (new style ) c-bag and a large flyers duffel that I use regularly. They are great fo all things that don't need hard side protection. Also, the metal zippers are big enough to accommodate small TSA locks.

I just got the zipper ones, they are a life changer. 12 years of having to dig to the bottom of the bag only to realize you didn't pack it was enough. I travel frequently and I have never had a problem with military duffels for stuff that wasn't breakable.

I just got the zipper ones, they are a life changer. 12 years of having to dig to the bottom of the bag only to realize you didn't pack it was enough. I travel frequently and I have never had a problem with military duffels for stuff that wasn't breakable.

Yeah, it figured that they just came out as I retired :)

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back