Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hunt Pay to Play Timber Land in WA

406LIFE

I'd like to hear experiences with those who have done this in the SE corner of the state, specifically Weyerhauser and Rayonier. Fees are pretty steep for motorized access, $300+ but walkin is $50. There seems to be plenty of state land around that is huntable (I think), but is it worth it to get away from other hunters. We will be trying to fill rosie elk tags and the blacktail if it crosses our path.

Any all suggestions on access would be appreciated.

(BTW, I was surprised this is the first WA State post in this section of the forums.)

Glad to see someone else is hunting in WA. I can't help you with your question but good luck and safe hunting.

I tried it the first year and was disappointed (in a good way I guess), how many other hunters were also hiking/biking in. Probably just the area I tried (rear st helens), but I wasn't away from anyone at any point.

5-7, whenever Weyerhauser first went to pay-for-it passes.

About 12 years ago I spent quite a bit of time behind the gates in the willapa hills, seemed like good country to hunt, but I was there in the summer. lots of elk.

Last edited:
I don't. There's a ton of public land in Washington, including the Blue Mountains in the SE corner. The passes are expensive and access is closed off pretty much every year because of fire danger. I'd rather use the money for traveling to another state.

I assume you mean SW? I don't for the reasons mentioned above. There's decent blacktail hunting on public land and with "pick your weapon" seasons I prefer to hunt archery in other states and focus on elk in the WA national forests, mainly the Gifford Pinchot.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back