Fear the Beard... and the Hawken

Jim,
The positive news of your Wife's outlook is the best news on the forum. Thank you for sharing. I think it is safe to say your wife and you are in the thoughts and prayers from all of us on HT.

Your rifle is a beauty. I've looked at the Bridger Hawken kit before and must say you and Mr. Pope nailed it. To shoot out a barrel of a muzzleloader I would imagine takes 1000's of round to do.

You have the makings of a great book with all the hunts you have had with this rifle. I recall Fred Bears book called "Fred Bears Field Notes" Many of the hunts were in Alaska. I think your stories would be a great read..... just a thought LOL

Dan

Randy, your talent to write a story shines in this thread.
We all hope for a full recovery for Jim's wife.
The video show will be worth watching, that's for sure.

Thank you all for your kind words. Karen, my wife was diagnosed early and prognosis is good. I am fortunate to have such a great life’s partner and great friends. I am humbled by the opportunity to take such a great animal on our own on public lands. Hope to see you out there.

Congratulations on the hunt Jim, and best wishes for Karen.

Fantastic account of the hunt, Randy. I really look forward to the show!

Holy $hit that's a big goat! And a handsome rifle too, I love that trigger guard and the stained stripes on the wood. Tell your friend congrats!

Holy $hit that's a big goat! And a handsome rifle too, I love that trigger guard and the stained stripes on the wood. Tell your friend congrats!
Alabama those are not stained stripes on the wood, it is extra fancy figured maple. That stock was ordered from Track of the Wolf, Jim Bridger Hawken, pre-inlet, 1-1/8" octagon barrel, extra fancy maple. Grade 4 Maple (M4) has exceptional tight even curl. Because of a fractured stock, I had John Bergmann of Granville, Tennessee restock the rifle last year...

Alabama those are not stained stripes on the wood, it is extra fancy figured maple. That stock was ordered from Track of the Wolf, Jim Bridger Hawken, pre-inlet, 1-1/8" octagon barrel, extra fancy maple. Grade 4 Maple (M4) has exceptional tight even curl. Because of a fractured stock, I had John Bergmann of Granville, Tennessee restock the rifle last year...

Beautiful wood. Curly maple makes some fine stocks and instruments as well. I have a friend that uses it to make parts and necks for fiddles and banjos. Congrats on the goat, he's a great and well deserved trophy. Good to hear about your wife as well. Wish a speedy full recovery.

I've never even heard of extra fancy maple, but it's a true work of art. Congrats again on a great antelope buck.

Got to show my dad this tonight. He is 62. Had a heart attack 12 days ago, and we are leaving for Wyoming antelope tomorrow.

Just watched the hunt on YouTube. What an adventure in beautiful country. I admire your patience...so hard to pass up some of those other bucks. Praying for the family and congrats on a great pronghorn.

Back