Caribou Gear Tarp

Fear the Beard... and the Hawken

Good looking critter...thanks for the tale Fin.

Nice piece of timber on that Hawken.

Big Fin would it be possible to get some information on the rifle Jim used? The Hawken is one of the true ways to hunt with a muzzleloader.

Thanks,
Dan

Really cool, I've said it before and I'll say it again, antelope hunting is No.1 in my book.

That’s great! Congratulations to you guys and prayers for Jim and his wife. Glad you guys got it done, and I’m looking forward to the episode.

Your stories are always entertaining, thanks for writing this one. Let me know when your book of short stories will be published, I'd buy one!

Big Fin would it be possible to get some information on the rifle Jim used? The Hawken is one of the true ways to hunt with a muzzleloader.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan, the rifle is made from Track of the Wolf’s, Jim Bridger's Hawken Rifle parts and an extra fancy figured maple stock. It was originally assembled by my good friend Dave Pope and I finished it. It was first built in 1993 and has been on hundreds of adventures taking all deer species, black bear, California bighorn, moose, wolf, caribou, and mountain goat. It now has taken its first antelope. I shot the original .54 caliber barrel out and had it re-bored to .58. I shoot a .57 round ball with 0.17 pillow ticking on top of 110 grains of GOEX FFg.

Thank you all for your kind words. Karen, my wife was diagnosed early and prognosis is good. I am fortunate to have such a great life’s partner and great friends. I am humbled by the opportunity to take such a great animal on our own on public lands. Hope to see you out there.

Great to hear the prognosis is good! Congratulations on a beautiful antelope. I can't wait to see the show.

Dan, the rifle is made from Track of the Wolf’s, Jim Bridger's Hawken Rifle parts and an extra fancy figured maple stock. It was originally assembled by my good friend Dave Pope and I finished it. It was first built in 1993 and has been on hundreds of adventures taking all deer species, black bear, California bighorn, moose, wolf, caribou, and mountain goat. It now has taken its first antelope. I shot the original .54 caliber barrel out and had it re-bored to .58. I shoot a .57 round ball with 0.17 pillow ticking on top of 110 grains of GOEX FFg.

Terrific news! You and yours are in our prayers.

Great pronghorn and wonderful story. Love the look of that gun, especially that stock. Wonderful news to hear the prognosis is positive.

Wow now that is the best hunting/life story this year. God bless His wife and it looks like he had the hunt some dream of.

What a display of bushcraft, and a buck worthy of the chase. Looking forward to seeing the video. Thank you.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back