Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

First go at Antelope heart

JLDemo

This is my first time I've ever kept the heart, let alone cooked it. I can't explain why we never kept the heart and what I can tell you is that it'll never be left behind again. After reading several threads on heart through HT and watching a few of Randy's videos about eating the heart, I decided I'd try it. It turned out way better than expected, I probably over trimmed it but it worked out well and had the spawn asking for seconds! I started out by putting the heart in a gallon zip lock bag and filled it about half way with cold water. I then squeezed the heart many times pumping out as much blood as I could, then trimmed everything on the outside and sat it in a brine of salt and water overnight. The next morning I cut it open to expose all chambers, trimmed all fat and connective tissue on the inside and cleaned it up. Heated some olive in a pan and the cut the heart into strips and lightly seasoned it with lemon pepper and Montreal steak seasoning and cooked for a few minutes on each side. Turned out to be a perfect pair with eggs and toast and hot coffee! Turned out to be a big hit my family, like I said earlier, It's my first time cooking heart so I'm open to suggestion on different recipes.
Seasoning Mishap .jpg
The spawn (three year old son) decided to help me season the strips...
In the pan.jpg
breakfast.jpg

Back