Caribou Gear Tarp

Hello from Upstate New York

Mawgie

Hello Folks,

I just joined up, and will briefly introduce myself. I am professionally employed and live in Central Upstate NY. My main hunting focus is whitetail deer, with rifle (Savage .308), muzzleloader (Savage ML10 II) , and bow (older Bowtech, to be upgraded this offseason). I am more or less RandyN's age, and recently discovered his Youtube and Amazon TV Show.

My local goal is to learn my way around some more of the public whitetail land near me, use my bow more (I keep reaching for my .308), and also "take it on the road." I have a lot to learn about hunting out of state, and this Forum looks like it will be a big help.

I am a very analytical guy by nature, and am a sucker for good gear ("There are no bad days, just bad attitudes and bad gear.") , so I plan to post up some gear reviews that may be of use to some folks here on the Forum.

Thank to all who have contributed. I look forward to doing the same.

Regards, Mawgie

Welcome! I live in CO, but have family and went to school in Upstate NY. Beautiful country.

I spent some time in Buffalo. Loved going to Letchworth

targetpanic,

Thanks. I grew up in Worcester County, Massachusetts, and bow hunted Quabbin a couple of times way back in the 1980s.

Everyone,

Thank you all again for the warm welcome. I would have responded earlier today, but I did the smart thing and went bowhunting for whitetail on public land in Upstate NY, instead of going to work. Bumped two just as I was arriving at my treestand location in the dark. My buddy saw two. No shots fired. Here is a picture of my primary shooting box for the morning. Alas, it was filled with red squirrels and nothing else. BowHunt.10.02.17.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back