Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Elk talk live

Jasher

Wasn't sure where to post this. Anyone else not getting notified about when Randy is going live? Do you have to text every week? I subscribe to the YouTube channel and sometimes it notifies me but sometimes it's delayed 20 minutes. Didn't know if I was doing something wrong or if others were having the same issue.

Text "Randy" to 77453 (USA) (This is different than subscribing to the YouTube channel)

This will get you on the list to be sent all of Bowtech sponsored live broadcast schedule. I get the reminder of all broadcasts in early afternoon. The reminder to tune in to Elk Talk Live now hits me around 9-9:05 pm central time.

Yeah I have done that many times but never get notified. Last one I happened to see what time it was and it was already 10 after so I text and it shot me the link right away. I wasn't sure if I was seeing it live or from the start. Tried to get it on YouTube but couldn't find it finally just went to Facebook and watched it there. Even got one of my questions answered (thanks Marcus for reading my question)

Last edited:
Okay, call me dense, but I was watching the Elk Talk Live session last night and asked a question about whether Randy had made a video about his glassing strategies. He said he did and that Michael posted a link to it. But I never saw the link scroll by in the comments section where I posted the message. I can't find any other posts anywhere by Michael or any link. Obviously, I don't know where to look but I spent another hour looking for it this morning and still can't find it. Can anyone help?

If you follow Randy on Facebook, it sends a notification when he is going live. Just another option.

BrentD, I was looking/waiting for the link as well and never saw it. Not just you.

Thanks Louisdove. I am pretty new to Facebook so when I don't understand something, I figure it is just me.

Randy seemed to react as if he saw the link that Michael posted, so I figured I was just looking in the wrong places.

Wasn't sure where to post this. Anyone else not getting notified about when Randy is going live? Do you have to text every week? I subscribe to the YouTube channel and sometimes it notifies me but sometimes it's delayed 20 minutes. Didn't know if I was doing something wrong or if others were having the same issue.

Starting about six weeks ago, Facebook and YouTube decided to take their ongoing spat to other platforms, such as the Livestream platform we use. So now you have to make a decision of whether you want it to be on your YouTube page or your Facebook page.

We decided that we will do the live Q&A on Facebook and record the file on our video camera, after which we will load the recorded file to YouTube. That allows us to get it on both places and let FB and YT continue with their bickering.

To be notified, test RANDY to 77453 and you will get notices. Or, subscribe to the Randy Newberg Hunter FB page and you will get notified. Or, wait until the day after and you can watch it on YouTube.

Hopefully we can solve that issue someday and get back to simultaneous streaming on both FB and YT. For the time being, that is where we are with it.

Randy,
Thanks for the follow up. I was watching in Facebook - which is pretty foreign to me - and I never saw the link that Michael posted. I'm not sure where he posted it. There is Randy Newberg, Hunter, there is Elk Talk Live, and Fresh Tracks with Randy Newberg which all seem like separate facebook pages (I think). But I was on ETL and I saw my question scroll by and you answered it, and then other questions scrolled by but I never found the link I was looking for.

Sure would like to see it. I glass carefully and thoroughly (I think) and then I move on, but I have a feeling I probably move a lot more than I should and glass a lot less. I sure would like to hear about how you do it, because I'm pretty sure, I'm not nearly as effective as I could be.

Thanks

Brent

BTW, you have some great shows. They are my go-to staple when I'm down in the basement spinning away on my bicycle on a windtrainer, trying not to go crazy - I think you saved my life... :)

Good stuff as usual BF! Lost power here most of yesterday so I just finished this eve.
With luck I'll see you again in NM my friend.

Randy,
Thanks for the follow up. I was watching in Facebook - which is pretty foreign to me - and I never saw the link that Michael posted. I'm not sure where he posted it. There is Randy Newberg, Hunter, there is Elk Talk Live, and Fresh Tracks with Randy Newberg which all seem like separate facebook pages (I think). But I was on ETL and I saw my question scroll by and you answered it, and then other questions scrolled by but I never found the link I was looking for.

Sure would like to see it. I glass carefully and thoroughly (I think) and then I move on, but I have a feeling I probably move a lot more than I should and glass a lot less. I sure would like to hear about how you do it, because I'm pretty sure, I'm not nearly as effective as I could be.

Thanks

Brent

BTW, you have some great shows. They are my go-to staple when I'm down in the basement spinning away on my bicycle on a windtrainer, trying not to go crazy - I think you saved my life... :)

Thanks for the kind comments. Is this what you were asking about?

[video=youtube_share;MeRrEfj_oMU]https://youtu.be/MeRrEfj_oMU[/video]

Thanks Randy, I think that is what I was looking for. I don't know why I couldn't find it on my own.

thx for the update... think I'm triple covered now on the updates via text, FB, and YT. keep it up guys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back