T/C compass, anyone have one?

Mthuntinfool

Hey everyone,
in the recent Cabelas flyer, I saw they had the T/C compass on sale for $225 after rebates. For an extra rifle i can't pass it up for that price, and reviews I read were favorable.
My question is, does anyone have any hands on experience? Pros/Cons?
Thanks for the help
Tanner

That's a steal!

I've never held one but I've seen a lot of favorable reviews and a Youtuber "Gavintoobe" has a series on shooting and reloading for one. He is a fan.

Put hands on one today. Not silky smooth action, pretty light, mag is a part of the stock (can't replace stock because of it). All that being said, I had to be drug away from the gun counter to keep from purchasing it. If anyone is serious there are some Cabelas gift cards on Ebay (their deal of the day) $82 for a $100 card. That could make the deal a little sweeter...

Brother has one in 300 win mag. First one he had first time taking it out after he fired it the casing was jammed and it was extremely difficult to get the bolt open. Tried a different brand of ammo same thing. Tried another brand same thing. Took it back to the dealer he verified it by shooting it with the same outcome. Sent it back to tc 6 weeks later they sent a new gun. The new one fires fine but it shoots way off to the left. Scope adjustments are maxed out. Rings have been loped, scope leveled everything torqued. At 100 yards it barely hits the paper.

Held one in Cabela's last weekend. Forearm was really floppy, and the safety felt like it was full of grit.

Pass.

They feel just like a 225$ rifle should feel.

I don't know, Stevens 200 went for that or close. Last week that would have got you a Savage 12FV which is far and away a better rifle. Deals are out there from time to time.

I do agree in general, though. Axis, American, Compass, and probably others hit that price point often, and all feel similar.

In support of the Compass; bolt locks on safe; threaded barrel; accuracy guarantee.

Like my grandfather said "in hunting your rifle will seem cheap once you buy everything else"

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back