New 28 Nosler stick

Muleyfanatic

I had a new rifle built with anticipation to use this year elk hunting. I received rifle on Monday and I leave tomorrow for my hunt. This did not leave me very much time to get loads worked up for but with a little pressing from the smith to use it this year I worked up a quick load and verified it to 850 yards.
Rifle specs are:
Bartlien barrel 25.5" 1-8 twist finished with a shorty muzzle brake
Rifle is chambered for a 3.750 COAL for the 195 bergers
Stiller Predator action
Manners stock EH3 with flush cups for sling and rail for atlas bipod
Action is bedded and has aluminum pillars
Wyatt extended mag box
Jewel trigger
Talley rings bedded
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 50mm G7 reticle
Metal is finished in tungsten cerakote
Finished scoped and slinged weight without bipod is 9lbs
When I have more time I'll work up a faster load with Retumbo as I'm not getting very fast speeds with H1000 but I used a load someone had given me my ES is only 12

Attachments

• IMG_2087.jpg
    IMG_2087.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 556
Quite the component list, sounds like you've been scrambling. Where are you hunting elk?

850 yard 3 shot group including the clean cold bore shot.

Attachments

• IMG_2088.jpg
    IMG_2088.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 428
Headed to WY
It was a little bit of a scramble but it worked if not it wouldn't of been a big deal. Would've just used another.

Last edited:
Great choice in caliber and components!! Tungsten is one of my favorite cerakote colors. Good luck in WY! Those 195s are a wicked bullet!

That is some wicked shooting. I'm gonna have to check out a NF one of these builds.

nice! I should have my custom 28 back today. I ended up due to timing having a local reloader develop a load, sight in and provide a dope chart. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back