Shrinking shot groups - improving accuracy

Sounds like some magic snake oil!!!

I do agree a good carbon and copper cleaner can help accuracy though. I prefer boretech products. Use a quality coated 1pc rod, coated or nickel plated jag and bore guide also. Many "clean" rifles aren't even close to clean!

Last edited:
No way a cleaning "kit" enhances accuracy. Unless the user either was cleaning improperly before, or not cleaning at all. mtmuley

Don't know about this specific brand, but many an old military or improperly cared for used sporting rifle with a "shot-out" barrel has been "restored" by the removal of copper deposits from the bore, and there are quite a few different "copper killer" cleaning solvents on the market that can do the job. I've had good luck with Montana Copper Killer on a couple of old military rifles. If running a patch wet with an ammonia-based copper cleaning solvent through the barrel comes out with blue or green stains the rifle in question would probably benefit from a copper specific cleaning. Whatever brand, follow the directions closely as some of them are pretty caustic.

Ya know, selling product's is about dvertising. If that company came out and said there's was as good as anyone's else's, they might and might not survive. But if they came out and made claims the their kit will improve accuracy, there's a certain number of people just dying to try it. Take a look at reloading powder's. Are any of the newer powder's really better than the old standard's or have people tried them, found a good load and brag them up? Lot of product's on the market but I don't think any get bad mouth as much as Lee. Yet Lee move's on! I'd bet a dollar to a sugar cookie that most people that bad mouth them have never tried them.
How about the new 22 eargesplittenloudenboomer. People swear it the greatest thing since sliced bread and then we find out it's the guy's first gun and he has nothing to compare it to.

So if this new cleaning manufacturer wish's to stay in business and make a profit, they better convince a lot of people of the quality advantage of their product! It's help's to put a higher price tag on it to. many many people relate quality to price!

Someone mentioned this thread to me so I registered to post a response. I’m the owner of Green Eye Tactical and the author of the report in one of the links. I am not a brand ambassador for this product, nor do I sell it. I share most of your concerns with regards to their marketing approach, where they claim tighter shot groups. I have communicated these concerns to the company and also mentioned this in the opening paragraph of the report. The data I collected does indicate a reduction in SD and ES values, which does reduce vertical dispersion in POI- but making a general statement of smaller shot groups is a bit of an overstatement and, in my opinion, unnecessary. Nothing is a substitute for Fundamentals and marksmanship- but the data in the report in my link is very interesting.

Also of note- the company has yet to respond to my request for testing to determine longevity of the treatment. They also claim it is great for the bolt of a gas operated system, something I did test and resulted in malfunctions within a few hundred rounds.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back