Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Reloading question

Emberglo

So, I was setting up to reload some .380 and had a really odd thing happen when trying to get the seating depth set. I'm attaching a picture to show the issue. Anybody know what would cause this?

20170925_173402.jpg

If your seating die is set too low it will crimp the brass to early and push it down with the bullet. Back off the die a few turns, adjust your seating screw until you get your OAL. Then back your screw out and with your ram up and cartridge in the die, adjust your die back down until you feel resistance on the case. Then adjust your seating screw down until it hits the bullet and lock everything down.

If your seating die is set too low it will crimp the brass to early and push it down with the bullet. Back off the die a few turns, adjust your seating screw until you get your OAL. Then back your screw out and with your ram up and cartridge in the die, adjust your die back down until you feel resistance on the case. Then adjust your seating screw down until it hits the bullet and lock everything down.

thats a good one too. I've smash 223 brass doing that

This is your problem^^^

This is what I would would say.

Thanks everybody! As soon as I've got time to get out to the bench, I'll give p_ham's instructions a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back