A first, solo, DIY, OTC Colorado Elk Hunt

arwhntr

If you've watched all of Randy's shows multiple times like myself I'd really appreciate it if you guys checked out a couple of day-by-day videos I recently put together of my 2017 CO elk hunt. It was my very first elk hunt and honestly I still can't believe how it all came together. It was an adventure I truly will never forget and creating these films is great way to "re-live" the hunt. Please leave some feedback, good or bad! Thank you everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWHN52sGOgM&t=12s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfWtU2pGsSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfM44SlRdoo

Thanks fellas! It was SUCH an incredible experience for me. I'm hooked to the point where it might be obsessive ;). I only wish I had another tag in my pocket!

Congrats on a highly successful first archery elk hunt. That is a beautiful 5x5 for which you should take great pride. Thanks for taking us along with your videos.

However, with respect to the videos ... well they are a wonderful personal memory vault ... 'don't know what your aspirations are, but just don't give up your day job. :)

that is so cool, looks like you had a hunt of a lifetime.

one thing I would suggest, lower volume of the music, I had to keep raising and lowering the volume on my headset

Awesome job way to stay with it & great attitude! The video was great thanks for sharing!

Congrats on a highly successful first archery elk hunt. That is a beautiful 5x5 for which you should take great pride. Thanks for taking us along with your videos.

However, with respect to the videos ... well they are a wonderful personal memory vault ... 'don't know what your aspirations are, but just don't give up your day job. :)

Straight Arrow - tired of staring at my face for 3 straight days :p haha! Definitely a fun experiment and I'll continue to shoot some better video. I randomly decided to do this as I was on my way to CO. Shot everything from my iPhone 6. Fun to share adventures especially if you can make them enjoyable and entertaining for others to watch.

that is so cool, looks like you had a hunt of a lifetime.

one thing I would suggest, lower volume of the music, I had to keep raising and lowering the volume on my headset

pdq_wizzard - Thank you for the heads up on the volume issue! I could see that being absurdly annoying and something I'll have to fix. My wife also seconded that issue :rolleyes:

Awesome job way to stay with it & great attitude! The video was great thanks for sharing!

Thanks for watching, goinhuntn! I'm still so pumped about the whole adventure and am just about to throw a couple elk steaks on the grill here in about 30 minutes!

...tired of staring at my face for 3 straight days ...
Not really ... you're a not-too-ugly dude for a midwesterner ... but I'm one of those old guys who cringes when he sees a cap on backwards with a neoprene headband across the forehead. Wasn't that uncomfortable when you climbed a hill and perspired a bit?

Anyhow it was fun watching and again, congrats for a great elk hunt. Well done!

TravisIN - hope you enjoy and that is STUD whitetail in your photo. Good luck this season!

I really enjoyed the vids. Nice seeing it from a first timers perspective bc that gonna be my perspective next year when I head out west. Gives me some hope seeing you have success!

I really enjoyed the vids. Nice seeing it from a first timers perspective bc that gonna be my perspective next year when I head out west. Gives me some hope seeing you have success!

I'm pumped for you to get out there!!! You're going to be hooked! If you ever wanted to pick my brain, ask questions, etc, anything...seriously. Let me know and I would love to help as much as I can!

Not really ... you're a not-too-ugly dude for a midwesterner ... but I'm one of those old guys who cringes when he sees a cap on backwards with a neoprene headband across the forehead. Wasn't that uncomfortable when you climbed a hill and perspired a bit?

Anyhow it was fun watching and again, congrats for a great elk hunt. Well done!

I can totally see where you are coming from but having always worn the neoprene headband hats it feels like second nature and couldn't bother me less. ;) Thanks again, Straight Arrow! Best!

JoMo | publichunter1 | Elkhunter24 - thanks for watching fellas and hope you're all having an awesome season thus far!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back