Caribou Gear Tarp

Bow Sling

Bowhuntrben

Does anybody use a bow sling for carrying your bow while out hunting? I'm curious what people use. I'm thinking it would be nice to have something for lugging the bow around the mountain all day without having to hang onto the string but still have it easy to take off in case I have a quick opportunity come up.

I have the primos one and use it occassionaly. Like when I know I am going in a ways to a spot and straight there. Most of the time I either have the bow on the pack or in the hand. You could try a hook made to go on the belt if you'd like. Personally, I wouldn't want to be messing with the sling when something steps out.

In the same boat. Usually have bow in hand or on a belt hook. I prefer the hook that you set the riser in not the string. If it's a long hike, it's strapped to the pack.

I use the dead ringer bow sling and really like it. It protects the strings and cams when in the sling. I hunt primarily on the east coast so the areas are normally too thick to have an impromptu encounter. When that happens, I'd never shoot at a running animal due to my skill level more than anything else so its never been a problem of my bow being in the sling when going to or from my hunting location. I cant imagine getting it out would be too much slower than getting it off the pack if strapped down.

Google Ultimate Bow Sling, by Specialty Outdoor Products. I saw him at a sportsman expo where he demonstrated it. Sold me right off the bat. He also has a video and shows you how to use it. It took very little practice and I was getting my bow off the sling in 2 seconds. I used it this year for deer and elk. In 2 seconds I was nocking my arrow for the deer that I shot at, and missed! For my elk, I had plenty of time to get ready as we set up. I still hunt, so it's great to carry my bow. I have two free hands to throw up my binos, or my range finder. My arm and hand don't as fatigued also...

i have hunted elk in montana and wyoming 6 times and hunted whitetails here at home in michigan, i dont go anywhere without my primos sling. i set the ends to fit my bow and walk miles without the sling buttoned unto the sling. i have been in a situation where i have had the bow on my shoulder, and walked into animals and had no problem getting bow off my shoulder quietly and without any issues. i would highly recommend one.

I will recommend the primos sling as well used it hiking in to hunt deer in Ga. Missouri and Illinois. Will most likely use it in Montana this year for the first time. If you expect to come out of sling quickly, just don't use the snaps that go around string. Only problem I've had with my primos is I ripped a snap off it. Trying to take sling off too quick. On my second primos sling now. I use snaps less often...;)

Last edited:
I use the Primos sling as well walking to my stand. It helps keep random sticks and mud out of your cams. I mainly got it because I have a bad habit of carrying the bow by the string and the string was starting to show some extra wear.

Have used the Primos sling as well elk hunting Colorado and liked it... Have lost it in a move since.... Doh!!!

These days I usually strap bow to my pack, although that is slower to get to than the sling was.

If I'm carrying bow in hand I carry it by the cables, not the string or the riser, and it balances in hand much better that way making for an easier and less hand fatigue carry. (true on my last bow as well).

i use a Primos sling. woods are thick where i live, plus i'd rather have both hands free going to and from my hunting area, due to the fact that it's usually way before legal shooting light and or long after legal hunting light has expired.

I've used the primos sling for years, but last year another guy in my group had the cabelas sling and i was very impressed by it. I like that it covers my string and cams, but the best part is it's quick to remove (unlike my old primos sling that had 2 straps and 3 buttons).

I use the Cabelas branded one. Works good for a good price. I prefer to leave it in the truck when possible since its one more thing to carry around, but it does a great job of protecting the string in heavy bush.

I used to have the Primos one until I got the My Sling a Ling. It's pretty cool that you don't have to take it off your bow because of the magnetic locks. jaktgear.com

I won one at total archery challenge. I might bring it along this September and see how it goes. I could see it coming in handy when your loaded with gear or an animal and don't have a ton of room to throw a bow on the pack

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back