Drop-away rests

Bowhuntrben

So I guess I'm old school and still have an arrow rest that doesn't drop away. Not sure you can even buy those anymore. I'm thinking about moving to a drop-away rest and wondering what people's thoughts are on them? Any that you've had bad experiences with? Any you are really happy with?

Been shooting them for years after switching from a whisker biscuit. Been shooting a qad for years and never had an issue. I'm getting ready to switch to a hamskea that has a cord that attatches to the bottom limb instead to the buss cable. Limb driven rests are much easier to time and you don't need a press to attach the cord. Now, you don't HAVE to have a press to attatch a cord to the buss cable bc you can either tie a d loop knot (not the greatest way imo), or use a clamp(not much better than the knot imo). So the best way to do it is to put thru the buss cable and serve into place so it doesn't move. Got a little windy on ya, but the short answer is I don't think you'll regret it ��

Drop away rests are great. Just get one that captures the arrow in a ready position. Such as the new rip cords or my favorite, the QAD HDx.

Switched from whisker biscuit to a QAD a couple years ago and I'll never go back. I've had no issues. Make sure you get it installed correctly and as with any new equipment, practice, practice, practice.

Really like the QAD on my new Hoyt. My old Hoyt had a Muzzy Zero Effect drop away and it too, was good to me.

Never used a WB, don't understand why you'd want your arrow and fletching to drag when it launches. Weather affects the thing, has to. Shot a NAP 3000 for years the switched to NAP Carbon Apache, never been happier.

I love my QAD. I've had the same one on my bow for 6 years now and never had any problems. Complete arrow/vane clearance and total containment so your arrow won't fall off while stalking. Combine that with a well tuned bow and pretty much any broadhead will shoot well with your setup.

I've been using a RipCord for several years. It works well for me. I installed it myself and didn't have it timed very well but a few seconds at the local archery shop had it working.

Used a QAD HDX for a few years, then switched to a Ripcord Ace. I really like the Ace. great rest and even better customer service from ripcord when I broke it.

I switched from a whisker biscuit to the QAD and now currently run a Hamskea. The Hamskea is by far the best rest that I have used. I was skeptical of the drop away rest for many years but after observing quieter drawing of the bow and better groups, I am a convert.

My first year using a Ripcord. Works great so far. Tried a drop away many years ago and had all kinds of issues, but the newer ones are much better built. I ran a WB for a long time on the KISS principle. Never had a problem with fletching, but I don't hunt anywhere that gets to terribly cold I have heard of problems with the whiskers freezing.

When I switched it cut my groups in half. so nice. def would get one.

I have shot ripcord, QAD and trophy taker.

They are all good. I like the ripcord breaking system. I like the QAD because when you let down it still stays up. That is the only downside to the ripcord but I wouldn't hesitate using one again.

I have shot ripcord, QAD and trophy taker.

They are all good. I like the ripcord breaking system. I like the QAD because when you let down it still stays up. That is the only downside to the ripcord but I wouldn't hesitate using one again.

Ripcord ACE stays up when you let down.

I've shot a drop away rest for so long I'm probably not a great resource. But..my when my girlfriend got her new bow, she didn't want to spend much on a rest, plus she's left handed which made her affordable options sort of limited, so she got setup with an Octane rest. It performed well, and she was touching arrows at 20 yards. After about 3 months of shooting she started saying that her arrows were loose in the rest, so we decided to take that octane off and sure enough her bristles were very worn already, so we mounted a used QAD HTX and she hasn't looked back. Her 1st arrow after getting the new rest shot a full 7" higher at 20 yards (43lb draw, 330gr arrow, Hoyt Powermax).

Just my longwinded way of saying go QAD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back