E-callers for bears

Rainer

Has anyone ever tried to use an e-caller for Bears? Where I hunt it's all lowland cedar swamps where baiting and glassing isn't possible.

The guy who wrote "No Bait Just Bears"(and another newer book I can't think of the name of right now) seems to have good luck with them.

I recently purchased a Foxpro Inferno, called in a bobcat on my first set. I have yet to see a bear, but I've only done 4 stands so far.

I will update if I end up seeing one!

Here in Montana e-callers are not allowed for bears but I regularly call them in using hand calls. The secret for bears is CONTINUOUS calling. If you stop calling they will stop coming and since they may be some distance away that means you may never see them. If I was in a good area I would run my ecall on full blast for at least 30 minutes with a rabbit distress sound or (fawn in the spring) Here is one I called in to about 35yds this spring using a distress call. He was a dandy!

EhWAEJZl.jpg

SOlJnHul.jpg

Last edited:
I'm the guy who wrote the books referred to at the top of the thread. I use e-callers sometimes, but I prefer hand calls. They are lighter and cheaper, but to me, more versatile. I have the Inferno by FoxPro, works well.

Jcs271, nice bears!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back