Wheeled cart a good option?

Prior to purchasing the cycle cart for this year's attempt to continue my elk prowl, I took one of the sleds used in part one of my story and strapped my kayak wheels bottom side and quickly put together a bracket on the seat post of my cycle...
I'll snap a pic as it still sits in my driveway. No time to take it apart. What it did tell me, BUY a darn cycle cart... :)

Check out neetkart.com this style of cart can handle quite a bit of weight. I had one built but the young fellow that built it used a lot of metal and it is hell for stout. I think it would carry a VW. I did haul out 2 cow elk "one at a time" with mine. The one thing this style can do and that is follow a game trail on a side hill. I need to do some modifications to mine next summer to make it more user friendly.

Good luck
Dan

We have had a game cart for 15 years or so. (well 2, the first one crumpled on the first trip.) In all those years, it has worked great once. Got to haul out a whole cow on a closed road mostly downhill. I don't even take it to elk camp anymore. After using good packs I would much rather haul it out on my back if I get the choice. My vote would be to spend the money on some good packs.

Game Cart haters naively spout a ban on game carts in wilderness areas. Idaho has banned the use of all wheeled vehicles off established roads, including bicycles. However, they view game carts as the unregulated exception, which they allow. Check it out before purchasing.

Game Cart haters naively spout a ban on game carts in wilderness areas. Idaho has banned the use of all wheeled vehicles off established roads, including bicycles. However, they view game carts as the unregulated exception, which they allow. Check it out before purchasing.
You are 100% wrong, speaking of wilderness areas. These are not state lands they are federal. The state of Idaho has restrictions on the their state lands and difference MVU's but a Wilderness clearly states game carts. Screenshot_20240130_140925_Chrome.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back