Yeti GOBOX Collection

My 2017 wyoming antelope hunt.

Sorry for the late post. Right after the flat tire we found some goats. I had already missed one in the morning so I told my other buddy it was his turn. We dropped my buddy off for the stalk and we drove off. It worked perfect. The lope was a ways off the road but was watching us. As Bret did his stalk to get in range the buck had his attention on us as we drove off. A few minutes later we heard the shot and number 2 was down.

Attachments

• 20170928_110937.jpg
    20170928_110937.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 213
After the trip to the tire shop and a bite to eat we headed back out. It was late in the day so we went to an area where we saw goats earlier. Went for a walk with no goats to be seen. It was getting late so we decided to go to the truck and hunt our way back out. Driving down the road we spotted a buck in range. Only a half hour of shooting light left I said this buck is going down. They dropped me off and I slipped off the road and got to a good shooting position. Since I missed with my rifle I decided to use my buddies rifle on this one. The buck saw me getting into position but decided he wanted to paw at the ground broadside. Big mistake for him. Number 3 is on the ground without taking another step. It wasn't the stalk I wanted but I couldnt pass up the opportunity.

Attachments

• IMG955998.jpg
    IMG955998.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 208
This was the first western hunt we have been on. The only down side was my buddy Levis dad could not be with us. Levi is the one with the first goat. His dad passed a few months back from leukemia. I believe his dad was with us the whole time. Levi did shoot his goat with his dads rifle.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back