Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

My 2017 wyoming antelope hunt.

duckhunt

I cant think of any other way to do this other than a live hunt. We are not leaving for a few more days but im starting the thread this morning. On my way to the gun range for the second time right now. Lets see if I can get the howa dialed in.

Well that didnt go as planned. I prefer to shoot by myself to begin with. I get the gear loaded in the truck and head to the range. Pull in at 7 58 thinking at 8 ive got a green light to start shooting. Well the sign sais range opens at 9. Not wanting to wait I head back home. Driving through the park I did see 4 deer wich put a smile on my face. Since I live in the country I figured I would set up at home and put a few rounds through ( can set up at 100 yards at home) then go back to the range tomorrow morning to stretch it out a little farther. Driving past my neighbors house I se he is taking beans out of his field. Awsome I can shoot at home today then set up in his field tomorrow after he gets done picking. I will have the whole field to myself unlike the range.

Keep us posted. I went on my 1st WY hunt 2 yrs ago. I really, Really, Reeeeallly wanted to go again this year, but aging family and a required relocation canceled that dream.

So, it's another preference point only this year.

Take pics, lot's of pics....and share !!

Good luck !

Im death on gun safety. I do alot of shooting and always follow all the rules. I overlooked one simple rule this morning. Thinking only about my upcoming hunt I was really excited this morning about sighting my rifle in. The very first shot I pulled the trigger and my left ear got a ring to it that told me I forgot one very basic thing. HEARING PROTECTION. Remember the ear plugs fellas. My left ear has been ringing now for about an hour.

Good luck! We're getting some cooler weather right now and drizzle, should be cleared up by the time you get out here. Hope to see you put a stud on the ground!

Made it to the hotel, unpacked, then headedout. Thank god for gps and onxmaps. I put a stalk on one buck but he gave me the slip. Went up over a rise to do some glassing and found a herd moving our way from private to public. We had to wait about 15 minutes. My buddy Levi put the one and only buck down at about 100 yards.

Attachments

• 20170927_175439.jpg
    20170927_175439.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 358
Another buddy put one down. Then a flat about 30 miles from town. Made it to the tire shop and the other back tire leaking. Getting 4 new tires now then back out. Pictures and more of the story later.

Attachments

• 20170928_150043.jpg
    20170928_150043.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 283

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back