MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

45-70

The SBL is sharp looking...thinking a Lupe 1x5 wouldn't hurt the aesthetics too badly.

It would, of course, but if you really can't function any other way there is no choice. Some novice once said "only accurate rifles are interesting"

If i do mount a scope it will be small and low power, if I need reach i will simply reach for a different gun in the morning, same for throwing those feather-weight 300 grain bullets!

If I take her for a cow elk hunt this year it will assure I see a 200"+ deer at 300 yards with no stalk light left. But I may as the freezer is well filled with elk and the late deer taste like dung.

Marlin1895_SBL_002.jpg

*Internet pic

Yes, I see your point. Perhaps some quality QR's for on demand function.

I see that Uberti is producing some beautiful replica Winchester 1886's. They might be worth checking out just for the nostalgia.

I searched gun broker yesterday and found quite a few "JM" guns. Prices were all over the map. Found a long barrel Marlin, half octagon and half round. I'm hoping to find one that I can go look at before I buy. I appreciate all the input guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back