Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Will the Kuiu Kenai insulated pant fit under the Kuiu Teton rain pants

utahminer

I hesitate to ask this question, because I know there are a number of people on this forum who are not fans of Kuiu, but I have had great luck with their stuff and the prices is pretty good. They are having a deep sale on some clearance items that I have had my eye on, namely the Kenai insulated pant and the Teton rain pant. Looking at the two, the insulated pant looks to have a pretty low crotch and I worry it wont fit well underneath the rain pant. I have called their customer service and spoke to a very nice lady that said it would, but I'm not so sure she was super knowledgeable. Anyone one here have experience with the two pieces together? Thanks in advance

I've been eyeing the Kenai pants at 50% off in the outlet for a while now but at 60% off I don't think I will be able to pass them up. I should have tried some one when they had the mobile store come through but didn't.

I don't think you would be wearing them much when moving around anyway. I think their main purpose is to zip on after you get where you are going to keep warm while you are sitting around.

I've been eyeing the Kenai pants at 50% off in the outlet for a while now but at 60% off I don't think I will be able to pass them up. I should have tried some one when they had the mobile store come through but didn't.

I don't think you would be wearing them much when moving around anyway. I think their main purpose is to zip on after you get where you are going to keep warm while you are sitting around.

So I have been doing some research and they aren't full length (about 3/4 length). They are made to be breathable and use while hiking in super cold weather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECL_ED219Wk

No experience actually wearing them, as the XXLs fit more like XL and maybe even L in normal clothes. That's my big takeaway: I wear a size 40 waist in jeans and dress pants and the XXL/40 - 39" was nowhere near big enough to get past my thighs, let alone actually around my waist without risk of blowing them up. For reference I wear a XL in First Lite Corrugates without issue. If anyone wants a pair in that size PM me and I'll make you a deal on them.

So I have been doing some research and they aren't full length (about 3/4 length). They are made to be breathable and use while hiking in super cold weather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECL_ED219Wk

I have the Chugach rain pant and they fit under those. I cant imagine them not fitting under the Teton's. They are 3/4 length which is nice because they dont/wont go down into your boot, or over, etc. I have only ever used them as an insulating layer and never an outer layer. I used them loads while skiing last year, and wore them to sleep a few times while backpacking. Havent had to pull them out while hunting, yet, usually I'm moving around, or its not cold enough to warrant putting them on, but i do always pack them.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back