Mystery Ranch Pintler...PICTURES

Ledanek

No experience with the pack beside loading it 26 lbs and taking it on a 5 mile hike, but, if you're looking for pictures (since there's not much available)

Pack Gallery

f1Gq1jWl.jpg

Overload Shelf Gallery

SVx0tLQl.jpg

3-4 days pretty easy. Especially, earlier in the season when you don't have as much snivel gear with you. If you have an alpine lid you could throw a drybag under it with your tent/sleeping bag/etc.

where did you find an Alpine Lid?
I'm about ready to give up and may consider getting a Daypack Lid to McGyver is over the Pintler

I tried the bottom PALS but it just felt weird with the weight distribution and how the dry bag is positioned. I'm scratching my head why MR decided to remove the parallel PALs

4MYhds6.jpg

mId1ckm.jpg

uUU5Wvj.jpg

Is it to move the bag away from swinging to your leg?

another thing too is the exclusion of the zipper tab where normally you see the YKK brand. is it a noise issue?
zNNNjzc.jpg

and exclusion of the zipper tab, where you can hold on to when zipping the zipper....handy when wearing thick gloves
n0AJoIW.jpg

Well, it's official I need to downsize from Medium to Small

5+ miles with 26 lbs of gear & 3 liters of water on my MR Pintler.
Finally came to conclusion that I need a Small size Yoke and Waist.
Reference:
height 5'7"
waist 32"

Re: Once the Yoke and lumbar area gets wet from sweat, the pack gets slippery and slides down approximately 3-4" and it may not seem much, but, discomfort comes from ounces to pounds in a heartbeat.
pre hike I was in contact with MR CS and they actually recommend I load it up more gear and more time and see if I truly need to downsize.
[video=youtube_share;pE-FMuVBREs]https://youtu.be/pE-FMuVBREs[/video]

Last edited:
winter update....definitely a sizing issue going on here.
kXGQkpu.jpg

As you can see it's cinched up pretty good. Not choking me but the waits belt still slides off my hips and the frame's padding that supposed to rest on the curve/ small of your back/top of sacrum is way lower as seen here

2j3x88h.jpg

I wish this is just a waist belt issue but it seems I could benefit with the yoke being smaller, so I can adjust the frame "higher" to my shoulder, lifting the bottom, and hopefully lift it higher above my waist.
If you know any retailers that carry the Guide Light Frame and ships free vs MR's $20 shipping, I'd greatly appreciate it

winter update....definitely a sizing issue going on here.
kXGQkpu.jpg

As you can see it's cinched up pretty good. Not choking me but the waits belt still slides off my hips and the frame's padding that supposed to rest on the curve/ small of your back/top of sacrum is way lower as seen here

2j3x88h.jpg

I wish this is just a waist belt issue but it seems I could benefit with the yoke being smaller, so I can adjust the frame "higher" to my shoulder, lifting the bottom, and hopefully lift it higher above my waist.
If you know any retailers that carry the Guide Light Frame and ships free vs MR's $20 shipping, I'd greatly appreciate it

My guess is you have already tried it, but is the adjustable Yoke in the best position based off of your torso length? The Yoke is what is likely the culprit on your sizing. All GuideLight frames are the same size (approx. 25" tall), with the yoke/waistbelts being adjustable. I don't think you need a new frame, so to speak.

Do you have your torso length measurement? If that is a Medium pack, the Yoke measures 18-21", with quite a bit of micro-adjustment possible. You may need to try a Small, which measures 16-18" in yoke length.

My guess is you have already tried it, but is the adjustable Yoke in the best position based off of your torso length? The Yoke is what is likely the culprit on your sizing. All GuideLight frames are the same size (approx. 25" tall), with the yoke/waistbelts being adjustable. I don't think you need a new frame, so to speak.

Do you have your torso length measurement? If that is a Medium pack, the Yoke measures 18-21", with quite a bit of micro-adjustment possible. You may need to try a Small, which measures 16-18" in yoke length.

I might pull one of my Small Yoke from my MR ASAP and give it a try see. Thanks

I might pull one of my Small Yoke from my MR ASAP and give it a try see. Thanks

No dice.

my older yoke had a corners or square'ish end and the 2017 Yokes have a tapered end and a "spear"-rounded end.
per MR "We could sell you a waist belt if you want to call us directly. They are $35 and shipping can vary. For that it will probably be around $10-$15. -MR"

now inquiring about the yoke too.

No dice.

my older yoke had a corners or square'ish end and the 2017 Yokes have a tapered end and a "spear"-rounded end.
per MR "We could sell you a waist belt if you want to call us directly. They are $35 and shipping can vary. For that it will probably be around $10-$15. -MR"

now inquiring about the yoke too.

Hmm. Shoot. Thought that might be the ticket, but no go.

Where are you located? Might be able to wrangle up a solution for you regarding the waist belt and yoke....

What your guys' opinion on the pintler vs the cabinet, I'm looking for something just for day trips and meat hauling. Maybe an overnight trip thrown in there as well.

Hmm. Shoot. Thought that might be the ticket, but no go.
Where are you located? Might be able to wrangle up a solution for you regarding the waist belt and yoke....

I'm in Bolingbrook, IL 60440

I adjusted the Yoke higher on my shoulder blade and once again, the waist is slipping. Now questioning if the shoulder harness is in the right place
HrBIxjp.jpg
sR0JPEd.jpg
HOQ1TAK.jpg
Fm4d155.jpg

s3l1fne.jpg
NqB1l7Z.jpg
FT7C01D.jpg
0I4aTpo.jpg

It's like the Ying-Yang effect.
I raise the shoulder higher, the pack goes south

I dig the yoke deeper in the pocket, the frame goes higher, but, the waist belt points down, pulling frame back down
IHyRlbg.gif

Maybe these buckles are my problem....need to check this out after work.
uPidDwll.jpg
8A0yW6Il.jpg
EudRXGyl.jpg

maybe that's why it feels like the frame is dropping lower than my waist, therefore, pulling my waist belt also.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back