Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Veteran Father & Son's first WY hunt Unit 34 Type 6 (Doe)

RBrower

Hello, first time posting.

I'm hoping to find a generous person that can give me a location I can aim my vehicle for my first Antelope hunt which is in Unit 34 (Cheyenne area). I chose this hunt because it had good draw odds, was cheap, and had a friend/acquaintance that told me he'd point me in the right area. Unfortunately, he's not been able to do so and I'm getting concerned. I'm planning on being in the area Oct 5-9 so want to have a point to start our hunt.

I'm taking my son on his first hunting "trip." We live in ID and we've always hunted locally. Anyway, he's excited and I'm concerned because I'm unsure where to aim my vehicle to begin our now short hunt (3 days). I'm looking at maps and the Public/accessible lands are few and far in between. It's a long drive to get there for us so I'm hoping to increase his chances of success.

I didn't see any previous threads that were specifically for this - Sorry if it's a worn out request and thank you for sharing. I'd be happy to reciprocate!

I suggest driving East and than a little South...I hope that helps... :)

I've never hunted Unit 34 but I have hunted Wyoming quite a bit. I would mark all the Public ground that is accessible to you via public roads and then just start hitting them one at a time and see whats there. I am always surprised how these little piece seem to have antelope. Hopefully you will find plenty to keep you and your son busy.
Also there looks to be quite a few walk in access areas in 34. ( Like more than 25 areas...) I would certainly check those out also.

WIA https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Public-Access/Walk-In-Hunting

Definitely get more info on those walk-in areas and if you haven't already, call the area biologist and pick his/her brain. They can be really helpful!

The WIA's in the north and any ground you can hunt in the north half of the unit will be where you'll want to focus. You shouldn't have any problems filling your tag. I went out yesterday and saw plenty within rifle range, just couldn't seal it with my bow.

Thank you for this! I'll plan on driving into the Northern portion and am scoping the BLM & Walk in areas in that section. Really appreciate your response, first hand experience, and direction!

I'll send you a pm at some point. I'll be hunting that same unit for the second year in a row. We are headed out to Wheatland next week and should be headed back east on the 6th so I should be able to give you a pretty up to date outlook...haha. You will have a blast!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back