PEAX Equipment

Mule Deer Bedding

Brachii

With elk, if you aren't in your glassing spot by sunrise, you've already missed out on prime movement. I was wondering what a Mule deer's daily schedule looks like-- when are they moving versus bedding during the day? Thanks!

Last edited:
It depends. I've seen them in lockdown by daybreak, and I've seen them move anywhere from a quarter to a half mile away in the middle of the day for no apparent reason. Weather, hunting pressure, and proximity to the rut all come into play in this also.

I won't quit glassing until 10-11ish if I can. Ive found you will often catch them going to there morning bed at first light, then they will change beds one more time midmorning. Sometimes thats just changing sides of a tree and sometimes its crossing the drainage.

It depends. I've seen them in lockdown by daybreak, and I've seen them move anywhere from a quarter to a half mile away in the middle of the day for no apparent reason. Weather, hunting pressure, and proximity to the rut all come into play in this also.

Agreed. The bottom line for me is stay on the glass whenever feasible. Work angles and reglass stuff after you move. I've killed my two biggest bucks in the afternoon by being diligent with binos.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back