Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Nevada Elk

ajmahlin5

Hi everyone i'm extremely excited to have started a profile on this forum! I'm only 21, but I am obsessed with hunting and would love to answer as many questions as i can to the fellow Hunt Talk users.

I currently have 12 elk points and i'm considering applying for the 062 area north of Elko. I have hunted the 066 area my whole life for deer, but i've never seen any elk. From what i have researched the best areas to have success are in the Bull Run mountains and up around Pennsylvania hill. If anyone could help me out with locations to scout for the upcoming year it would be greatly appreciated! I love Nevada and our public lands I just need some help on where to start, Thank you!

Welcome. I am not familiar with most of Nevada though if is a unit where typically is drawn after building up 12 or more points then is likely someone will point you towards a couple of zones to look. Tags that can be drawn every few years tend to keep hunters tighter-lipped. Elk can shift around so will help as seek info to share what season you hope to hunt if you can get the tag.

Thank you for the feedback I really appreciate it! I do archery hunt deer so archery elk would be a great option for me. I know there are other more desirable units to get a bull tag in Nevada, but I just have no idea where to even start scouting for them so it would be a great help to eventually get some tips for areas to scout. Again Thank you

Call the biologist for the area you are interested in. They are a great resource.

hunted jarbridge on a late season hunt. It's hard and cold. There are many great zones in Nevada. Think hard what kind of hunt your looking for before you use those points.

I would serious look at units 221-223 for the rifle seasons. I'm not familiar with 72, but spent 3 years around the Ely area and there are some great areas near there.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back