Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming BLM Question

dcopas78

My dad, nephew and I are leaving in a few days for our Wyoming antelope hunt. I have tossed around taking the UTV all summer and decided that I will be taking it....mainly because I don't want to tear up my truck on the 2-tracks of the BLM. I have my off-road sticker for the UTV and have talked to the people at BLM to make sure that the area I was planning on hunting allows UTV use on the 2-tracks and has closures signed where appropriate. Anyways, while on the phone with the people at BLM, I forgot to ask one question. Since I can't drive my UTV on the county roads through the BLM land, I will be trailering it to the BLM roads and off-loading it for the day. My question is, can I just pull onto the BLM road, find a place to get off to the side and park my truck/trailer for the day? Thanks in advance!

Derek

Yes you can. Some Roads may be enrolled in the trail program for your utv to be legal. Part of our antelope area has county roads which allow atv travel with the sticker.

Thanks wytex! The county road I want to hunt off of may very be one of those, although from what I could find on the trail program, I couldn't find it listed. It is right on the cusp of being a little farther from where I want to camp to hoof with the UTV anyways, so I would probably still tow it. I appreciate your help. Have a good fall and best of luck!

You're overthinking this. its rural wyoming. Ride your UTV on the county road if you want to. I have driven one hundreds of times on paved two lane state highways and a handful of times on the Interstate with no issues. Nobody will say a word about a dirt county road in BFE

I have a similar question...I'll be taking my daughter and nephew on their first antelope hunts in mid October. I do not have a tag, only there to help with everything and get some young folks introduced to the outdoors. We will not be analyzing size and the kids are both distance runners so I know they will be able to put on a few miles.

My question is- how do I know which "roads" or two tracks are open/legal to cross through private? I am looking at several pieces of blm that are maybe 1/4 miles from the main county road that have 2 tracks leading to them.

Thank you

I have a similar question...I'll be taking my daughter and nephew on their first antelope hunts in mid October. I do not have a tag, only there to help with everything and get some young folks introduced to the outdoors. We will not be analyzing size and the kids are both distance runners so I know they will be able to put on a few miles.

My question is- how do I know which "roads" or two tracks are open/legal to cross through private? I am looking at several pieces of blm that are maybe 1/4 miles from the main county road that have 2 tracks leading to them.

Thank you

Contact the county and ask for a map that shows the county maintained roads. Chances are those pieces are not accessible using those 2 tracks. Some of the private roads I've run into are in better shape than the county roads used to get to them so quality of the road is definitely not an indication. Some counties have a mapserver on their website that shows the county roads.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back