Shooter??

e300winmag

Would you shoot this goat or let him grow? He was found in trophy unit in Wyoming on BLM. IMG_1421.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 604
Let him go a year. He might make it unless Big Fin has a tag for this unit this year.

Looks like his pedicles are shaped that way, probably be close to the same shape every year.
That's a once in a lifetime buck for me, do wish he had a little more length.
Very cool buck though, thanks for sharing.

Me, think i'd pass. I know that those kind are unique but that one anyway, doesn't float my boat. I like the big beautiful typicals, marvelous striking looking animals, heart shaped if i can find one.

I'd pass, but guess it depends what you're looking for, big or unique? He's definitely not big though.

If it's sunrise on opening day, no. If it's mid-morning on opening day, yes. ;-)

I saw a buck like this in an easy-to-draw unit last season. Didn't put in for that unit this year. These pics have me thinking I should have. One horn was straight forward like a unicorn. The other was normal. Half ugly, half pretty.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the input. I let him walk off. He was as close as 75 yards at one point. I thought looking at him on the hoof he was young. I now wonder reviewing the photos if he is actually more mature and is a stag as he definitely has a doe face.
I am hoping he grows and I can find him next year.

Thanks all for the input. I let him walk off. He was as close as 75 yards at one point. I thought looking at him on the hoof he was young. I now wonder reviewing the photos if he is actually more mature and is a stag as he definitely has a doe face.
I am hoping he grows and I can find him next year.

I would say it is an old doe.

Back