Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Montana family Sheep hunt,,,,

300stw

back from a very wet muddy sheep hunt in the northern breaks, 9 days scouting this summer, hardly a day when it wasnt 85 degrees,,,,Looking down the hill.jpg

many sheep spotted from the summer but never the right one, thursday night in the rain made a 2 mile loop with the spotter found some sheep, hard to see in the rain but we think we have found the one,,,,Gus and Tara Loaded Packs.jpg

friday rain and mud and wind so bad after 3 hours had to quit and go to the truck and horse trailer to dry out,,,,Staying warm and dry.jpg

saturday finally got back on this ram in the rain, he gave us the slip we thought, after a mile "sneak", we got on top of the rim the rams used to be on, we were 70 yards from the rocks and timber glassing , finally i saw the white rear end, we got moved around and sat on the ram for 20 minutes or so making sure this was the bigger ram,, didnt want a oops moment,,,

classic 7x57 98 mauser that i put together for the wife, one shot while bedded, never new what hit him

son and wife and i took turns deboning and capping lessons, all the while having the ram tied off to a tree, got tired of chasing him down hill

we spent half day getting back to the truck, sky finally quieted for a little while on the pack out, we are very grateful of the experience, probably the only one our family will ever enjoy,

thanks for tips and pointers from forum members as well, wife been saving for the taxidermy bill from the day she found out she had the tag,,, she has been pretty confident,,

i have been pretty apprehensive about finding the right ram in the right location, someone smiled on us a little this summer,

Attachments

• Rocky Ledge.jpg
    Rocky Ledge.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 974
  • Back of head in truck.jpg
    Back of head in truck.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 974
  • Tara and Troy. My Favorite Picture.jpg
    Tara and Troy. My Favorite Picture.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 977
Last edited:
Wow, that is a great story about a great ram. Congrats to all, especially the hunter.

Nothing better than sharing the experience of hunting on a great tag with loved ones. Congrats!

Beautiful ram! You are a very blessed man to have such a great partner in life.

i am very blessed, thanks for the positive comments,,,,

my wife and son are a great team to go thru life with thats for sure

You're a blessed man! Not only for the opportunity to hunt sheep and take a nice ram, but to have family that will go on the adventure with you! Congratulations all the way around!

Back