Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Kenetrek gaitors

Another hunter spreading obnoxious weeds:D
That's nuthin, hunt with a Griffon in that same country for a day.................

Next time get one of those heavy yellow rubber gloves you see at the grocery store for doing dishes. Then lay out the gaiter out and out on the gloves. Brush your hand over the gaitors and the stickers will roll right off. You have to apply a reasonable amount of pressure. This also works for getting dog hair or other stuff out of the carpeting or upholstery of your car. Enjoy.

I'm not trying to be a smarty pants but that's darn near unavoidable. Weren't your pants covered in them as well? Obviously certain fabrics and materials will attract burrs or in your case "hounds tongue". Those are great gaiters for being relatively quiet but that's due to the type of material which happens to suck for shedding burrs. They do make some other gaiters with a different material that are better for this issue. I've had great luck with these gaiters but have battled what you just had happen but like I said it was almost the same issue on my pants . Steer clear of the hounds tongue it gets in you boots laces up to your britches!

Thanks ddavis, I will have to try that.
No Lawnboy I didn't have very many on the rest of my clothes, and I walked through the same patch the next day and didn't have any either, with out the gaitors on. I hunt this area every year and only have a handfull at a time usually, but these were covered and then would make noise when I walked because they were rubbing on each other. I really thought they would be made of a material that wasn't prone to picking up burs or "hounds tongue", especially from a Montana company.
John

Love my Kenetrek gaiters. They are quiet and that is what makes them prone to picking up burrs. I would be interested to hear what the company says, send them a pic.

Yes, I did send them an email with a picture to see what they say. I use to have some hunting pants made of "mole skin" and they were the quietest pants ever and would not pick up any stickers and also shed off water. Just wish these were made of that.

I really liked these gaiters going through the snow and wet grass this past weekend, up until I went through the "hounds tongue".
John

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back