PEAX Equipment

Official Political Controversy Elk Thread

Gerald Martin

This is the official thread for all controversial opinions regarding the superiority of taste of Bull A's tenderloins saute'd in oil with Greek Seasoning and Johnny's at camp vs. Bull B's back strap seared over a smoking hot charcoal grill and basted with garlic butter, crushed Thyme, red pepper flakes and smoked paprika.

I will refrain from posting the political affiliations of each bull until after significant discussion occurs over the individual merit of the "meat of policy" each bull brings to the table. I'm hoping to gain insight free from the tribalistic attachment Hunttalkers seem to manifest when discussing topics that may be controversial.

It is to be noted that the jalapeno poppers are officially non partisan in both affiliation and activity. At times they may burn at both ends if not cleaned properly, but they seem to treat everyone equally in that regard.

Should there be failure to find consensus and agreement over the superiority of Bull A or Bull B, ad hominem attacks against sensitive persons are encouraged. Straw man arguments and bait and switch logic is often amusing as well and may be sprinkled liberally throughout your comments.

Anyone guilty of being a Pinko, Commie, liberal or a Trumpet Pansy, please refrain from posting more often than every two minutes. That is all.

Thank-you.

Attachments

• IMG_9553.jpg
    IMG_9553.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_9720.JPG
    IMG_9720.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_9726.JPG
    IMG_9726.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_9695.jpg
    IMG_9695.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 573
While 'Bull A' has a certain rustic appeal and I'm sure it would serve well, I'm voting for 'Bull B' with its more professional presentation. More importantly, when can I get hands-on experience with these two fine candidates? Seeing how my tag situation played out this year, I will have to rely on your leftovers.

I normally stay clear of the political sword fighting on here but I can't ignore this one. Rabble-rouser! Damn, they both look good!!

Questions:
Were either felled by a 6.5C or 7mm08 or Crossbow?
Nosler Accubond or Barnes TTSX?
Was a trail camera used previous to hunt(s)?

Are the Jalapenos and Greek seasoning in the country legally?

And two observations:
Noharley wants to sample both out of "curiousity"............
The use of the word "liberally" will cause some problems.

Either option looks heavenly.

I would add that the seasoning of the respective bulls can't help me with a pick, as there is neither Jew (Kosher salt on Bull B at home) nor Greek (seasoning on Bull A at camp) identifiers at the heavenly banqueting table.

I'll go with Olivia's elk, whichever one it may be. And that is my final answer.

I don't care how good Bull A looks and tastes. I've been a Bull B guy my whole life, I ain't changing because Bull B can do no wrong.

If only the political choices we need to make could be like this, Would not be hard to pull the leaver on a choice between real tasty and ummy in the tummy.

Last edited:
The Real Green Decoy shows up just to stir the pot, or maybe warm the grille. I see how you are.

Either option looks heavenly.
I would a
dd that the seasoning of the respective bulls can't help me with a pick, as there is neither Jew (Kosher salt on Bull B at home) nor Greek (seasoning on Bull A at camp) identifiers at the heavenly banqueting table.

I'll go with Olivia's elk, whichever one it may be. And that is my final answer.

They are both now one within me at this time. :) Neither is Olivia's elk as this was not our Breaks hunt.

Questions:
Were either felled by a 6.5C or 7mm08 or Crossbow?
Nosler Accubond or Barnes TTSX?
Was a trail camera used previous to hunt(s)?

Are the Jalapenos and Greek seasoning in the country legally?

Both bulls fell to hand drawn mechanical archery devices of not less than 29" inches from axle to axle and an arrow of not less than 24" weighing more than 400 grains tipped with fixed blades not less than 7/8".

Neither bull was previously observed by any unattended optical device prior to their demise.

I do not know the immigration status of the Jalapenos or Greek seasoning as I was forbidden to ask that specific question at the time I employed their services.

And two observations:
Noharley wants to sample both out of "curiousity"............
The use of the word "liberally" will cause some problems.
I refuse to bend my original understanding of the definition of this word. It was associated with generosity long before it was associated with donkeys.

Unfortunately, fishing4Sanity, the meat of neither bull resides in my freezer. It went home with a longtime member of Hunttalk whom I expect will post trophy pics shortly and a brand new elk hunter on his first trip west of the Mississippi. I expect the status of my empty freezer to change next week when my wife and I go on her Shiras moose hunt.

Someone is pretty happy with their first elk... If a certain sleepy, man in tights ever gets his gear unpacked and logs on to this forum, I would expect a few more trophy pictures to be shared.

Attachments

• IMG_9611.JPG
    IMG_9611.JPG
    292.9 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_9567.jpg
    IMG_9567.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_9537.JPG
    IMG_9537.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 443
While I'm sure elk B presentation & taste was enjoyed greatly by the Martian clan while I was hanging on a steering wheel for 28hrs,,,, I vote elk A, that knife looks just like mine! Wait, that looks like what I had for breakfast, lunch and dinner yesterday!
I see I need to start removing camera batteries at nap time,,,, 4mi. 300# load on a game cart kinda makes an old man sleepy.
Ok, off to work I go, I'll get a story posted in a day or so.

Yum! I try not to discuss politics too much so I say they both look like fine and scrumptious candidates. And the poppers- to die for! Awesome, purely awesome!

I'm sick and tired of poppers straddlin the fence, waiting to see which way the wind blows.

Other than that, I choose B, because they are certainly more refined and probably have a degree in safe-spacology from Berkley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back