Good morning of panfishing on Brownlee

Brittany Chukarman

I had a good morning of fishing with one of my favorite crews from Pendelton. They like to get out of town the Saturday of the Round Up and book with me every year for that day. The fish are in the best shape of all season, fat and thick. I should have took more pictures but they kept me pretty busy.

Attachments

• 1-IMG_2867.JPG
    1-IMG_2867.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 2-IMG_2871.JPG
    2-IMG_2871.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 238
Good day indeed. Are they pretty deep this time of year or near the shore?

They've come up a little with the water temp dropping but they're still 15-25' down. It's been a really off year for crappie but the Fall fishing just might turn on.

Ohhh ya! Block party of garlic & butter, pan fry heaven! Compliment with Cold Smoke beer... or ice cold P-b'ers!

And agree with John. Nice super noodle lightweight fly fishin'! I want to pick up one of those Tenkara fly poles... would be fun in it's own right! :)

Grats! Looks like a great time!

Hard to beat a good fish fry with cold beer! Those gills are a blast and they're good size this year. I use the lightest tip rod I can find. Sawtooth, how is that custom crappie rod coming along?

Got the blank and all the guides, cork, and reel seat, now I need to find some time to put it all together. With big game and upland bird season starting up, it is looking like it will become a mid-winter project.

Corn meal and a deep fryer! Great catch!

We used to have a spot that we could fish that would produce crappie like that. It was sold to a out of state buyer for his summer home. We then had to access it from 10' of county drain which he proceeded to fill with broken bottles and metal shards to keep us out. To be legal now, we have to stay in the water from the road and it became not worth the risk of a hospital visit. Hopefully, someday the county will clean it out put in an access. I sure do miss those fish frys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back