SE MT hunt with your MN friend

ron-ream

My daughter is really excited about getting a buck this year, she is 10 and it will be her first year hunting. I want to take her out the first two days when we have the youth hunt and I would love to giver her a choice of a whitetail or a muley, but I am not sure where to go. I want to do a camp trip so I hope to find some Nat'l forest near some good country like in your episode with your MN friend. Can you give me any tips of where to go I the Custer Gallatin Nat'l forest where she might be successful? Never hunted over there so I do not have a clue where to go over there. Please help me out.

you can find mule deer just about any where on the Custer. Look for whitetails in the top ends of the larger creeks. If you are not too picky on the size of buck you want you should have a good hunt. My advice is to concentrate on mule deer. The whitetails on the Custer are will educated, tend to live in thicker timber and don't stand around for long. They can be a challenge for an experienced hunter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back