Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Anybody use Maven optics?

mtmuley

I'm generally a Leupold guy, but the Maven binoculars caught my eye. I have a VERY well used pair of Pinnacles that I may replace. Gonna send them to Leupold for a refreshing, but am preparing for a replacement if needed. Any Maven users here? mtmuley

I owned the B.2's for 2 years before I upgraded to EL's. They're a very good bino and I was very happy with the 9x45. Compared very well with the SLC and Meopta Meostar. To my eyes they were better than the Conquest HD, Razor HD and Leica's Trinovid. They are fairly big though.

Also just purchased a pair of their C.1's for my brother.

Looking at the B1. Seems similar in size to my Pinnacles. Thanks for the info. mtmuley

I want to stay with a 10x42 that isn't hard to carry all day. Gonna look at what Leupold has out these days. I'd love me some Swaro's, but my daughter starts school to become a radiologist this Fall. mtmuley

Look at Vanguard Endeaver ED. There was a post earlier about them. I have had lots of Binos from the top to bottom, and for the price you will not find a better pair. I have the ED 10x42. Just bought another pair. Look at Amazon at the Endeaver ED. $80 rebate. You'll be very pleased. I have dropped, banged, lost em in snow, even dropped them from my quad at 35mph. Still going.

I have both, 8x 1 and 11x 2. Prefer the b2, but both are very good. Best optics, choose b2, weight and size or $ a critical factor, look at c1. B1 are very good though the 2 are outstanding. The 11x took the place of 12x50 Meopta and I really like them better. B2 are a bit bigger and heavier than b1, but in a good harmess, you'll never notice IMO.

The b2 has a different prism, which is physically larger than the standard schmidt pechan prism but improves light transmission, along with 45 objective, there is the size and wt difference. B2 also has field flattener element like Swaro El.

Last edited:
I want to stay with a 10x42 that isn't hard to carry all day. Gonna look at what Leupold has out these days. I'd love me some Swaro's, but my daughter starts school to become a radiologist this Fall. mtmuley

Muley keep an eye on eBay and check out classifieds. I was looking for new nockers and ruled out Swaro's till I found a great deal on eBay. They were 4 years old, but brand new in original packaging. If I hadn't found the deal my mind was made up to try out some Mavens. I couldn't really find anything negative about them.

Seems like Maven would want people to get "hands on" before buying. I am usually not comfortable buying anything sight unseen. mtmuley

I just tried out a friends B1 10x's for a few days of elk hunting and they're a great binocular. I have EL's and while they are definitely a step down from that, I was impressed by the B1. I would get a pair through the demo program and see what you think.

I would also look at GPO http://gpo-usa.com/products/experiences/hunting/10/passion-10x42hd?c=42 for binoculars in that same price range. The HD series by GPO are made with combining products from one of most respected Japanese optics factories and design and final assembly in Germany. I got a couple samples and were very impressed, enough to start to carry the binoculars line. PM me if interested for special pricing.

Last edited:
Schmalts, do you plan on carrying their riflescope line? Very intrigued by GPO

No. I don't think they will have anything that will compete with Leupold's current lineup for the price. If someone wants something I could get it but I do not plan on having anything on hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back