Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Nephews first pronghorn

BuzzH

My Dad, Brother and two nephews came down yesterday to try to get my oldest nephew his first pronghorn.

I had been watching some bucks on some public land for the last couple weeks, but wasn't sure if they would stay put or not. We found a small herd of 10 with one good buck so decided to try a stalk.

The stalk worked great and the buck walked around the edge of a small hill we were waiting on.

We got my nephew all set up on his bi-pod. The buck fed right out in front of us at 120 yards, never knowing we were there. I told him to hold right behind the front leg and squeeze the trigger. He made an excellent shot with his 7-08 and the 120 ballistic tip performed flawlessly. The buck walked a tight circle, and crashed. He was one excited hunter and I was happy that he made a good shot and that the stalk worked well.

Not bad for his first buck:

photo0.jpg

Posse photo:

photo0_42.jpg

They have 3 doe tags and we'll round out the weekend spending some time trying to fill them.

Now that is a posse picture I can appreciate, but for the love of God, get a tripod. ;-)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back