Boysen state park

2nasty4u

A buddy and I are headed to Wyoming unit 75 for antelope next week and will be camping somewhere or another. Kind of kicking around the idea of camping at boysen state park. Anyone with any experience there? Main questions I guess would be cost, any procedure for checking in, facilities available.

I enjoy the campgrounds right below Boysen Dam (Upper or Lower campgrounds before the tunnel). It's still part of the state park and it's usually empty this time of year. Basic campground with nice sites on the river and pit toilet restrooms. I think they have running water too. It's been a couple years, but I think it was $7/ night for non-residents and $4/ night for residents. Plus, that's my favorite trout fishing spot! Soak in Thermopolis Hot Springs a half hour away after a day of speed goat hunting too!

Does anyone know if Boysen State Park allows firearms in the campgrounds? I know some state parks don't.

Does anyone know if Boysen State Park allows firearms in the campgrounds? I know some state parks don't.

Check out their website. I don't think you'd have a problem. They list no hunting within 400 yards from campgrounds and facilities.

I enjoy the campgrounds right below Boysen Dam (Upper or Lower campgrounds before the tunnel). It's still part of the state park and it's usually empty this time of year. Basic campground with nice sites on the river and pit toilet restrooms. I think they have running water too. It's been a couple years, but I think it was $7/ night for non-residents and $4/ night for residents. Plus, that's my favorite trout fishing spot! Soak in Thermopolis Hot Springs a half hour away after a day of speed goat hunting too!

This. Great camp spots below the dam & very good fishing as well.

We hunted goats in 75 a couple of years back and camped at the campground a couple miles from the dam going towards Shoshoni. It was hot and dry out there but it's closer to the goats. I do recall we had to pay but can't remember how much it was.

Is there someone always there to pay? A sign in sheet with a drop box for checks?

There will be a drop box, make sure you have your own pencil to fill out the paperwork. Boysen is a good place to camp, good trout below and excellent Walleye in the lake.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back