Idaho Salmon River Guide/Outfitter Suggestions near Riggins

bigharge

My son and I are making our first trip from Texas to Idaho in October. We will be hunting somewhat near to Riggins and wanted to take a day and spend it fishing. I've done the searches on google and reached out to a couple that I found but waned to see if anyone had any firsthand recommendations for anyone in that area.

Appreciate any help,

Brandon

What do you want to fish for? Salmon and steelhead runs aren't great this year but sturgeon should really pick up in October

I'm sure they will let you know when you get your licence, steelhead is catch and release only.

"An extremely small number of steelhead returning to Idaho so far has prompted Fish and Game to reduce the bag limit on adipose-clipped hatchery steelhead to zero – closing all rivers to harvest for the fall steelhead season."

Yeah, I have read where the reports are down on the steelhead and salmon. Salmon would be ideal but we aren't picky, just want to have a good time and let him catch some fish.

I went up through hells canyon with them this spring and they were professional and fun. Fish for sturgeon from Pittsburgh Landing. The drive alone is worth it, and it is very cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back